Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

+1

2. royskeen

royskeen Senior member

When I went to Gilt's event in San Francisco last year it was mostly crap. I did get some nice shoes, but it was mostly things like Calvin Klein white label suits (made in China crap) that could be had at Nordstrom Rack for the same price if you wanted to waste your money.

3. JChance

JChance Senior member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

4. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    +645. Theres no info about anything they are selling in that link. its only $10 but i don;t think its worth taking the chance, i care more about my time than the $$$

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Amazon is having an AE sale. 30% off fifth ave., delray, shoe trees, randolph, some belts, and some more shoes.

I recommend the gent on SF for most of your AE needs, but if I remember correctly he doesn't do every shoe.

6. abbottjames

abbottjames New Member

versace have a good stuff amoung them at some cheap price i wounder i saw it during a rush of people to buy it jill sander style have a owe some products go and check it .

7. JChance

JChance Senior member

Hows the quality on Amazon? 1st or 2nd? Also, at Nordstrom half year sale about 3 months ago, AE was going for $199 a pop (well a bit too late now, but in future reference), but limited selection though

Shoe tree on AE website is actually cheaper, going for $20 a pair with all the sizes and free shipping

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

9. JChance

JChance Senior member

10. razl

razl Senior member

NWT Cotton/Lino Hickey Freeman Chinos for $4.99. Yes, you read that right, four dollars and ninety-nine cents (+shipping). I just snagged myself a pair. These were listed at ~$99 just a few days ago and retailed at $199 in-season. I have no idea what they're doing at $4.99 but get 'em while they're hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mahogany-Co...0?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&var=&hash=item84b8de6809

The seller is "hickey_freeman" (the company?) if you go to their store there's a bunch of other insanely marked down items too. No super gems, but plenty of stuff worth picking up at $9.99 or close. I just picked up the chinos and 3 shirts for a grand total of about $50 (including shipping).

11. 518aata

518aata Senior member

You're right -- some crazy prices, and some with free shipping. Most of the stuff was too big for me, but I picked up a polo shirt for $18, shipped. Thanks.

12. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

13. Saenek

Saenek Senior member

Pretty insane, picked up a couple shirts and stuff just to try out, can't beat $12, I'm sure we'll see some HF stuff here or on ebay in the next few weeks resold.

14. Morning

Morning Active Member

Wow that's some sweet HF deals! Just worried about the expression if it's too good to be true.....
    Perhaps it's some introduction prices to the HF ebay store? Anyway, it's a shame he doesn't ship abroad.

15. razl

razl Senior member

Looks like someone's going to get their arse kicked. All items now say this:

This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later. ​

And the store has nothing listed in it any longer and has this at the top:

This Store seller is currently away. Please add this Store to your Favorites and come again.​

Here's hoping I (we?) didn't get somebody canned. I won't belly ache if my orders don't ship, as others have said "if it sounds too good to be true..."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011