1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

:brick:

2. trash

trash Active Member

I was able to add the $199 shoes to my waitlist in my account that didn't have a link to the sale (but did get sent the 25% discount offer), but I'm not anticipating it becoming available again. I just logged out of the new account, logged into my main account, and went back in my browser history to the page for the shoes and it let me see them.

3. JChance

JChance Senior member

Whats with all the fuzz? There is only ONE $199 available in size 7.5, not like theres that many people here on this forum with that feet size.

Also, there were actually 3 codes got sent out, but one already expired, and the other one is kinda crappy. 25% off is the best code and it expires tomorrow night (max $50 discount).

4. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Without a code the deal isn't amazing or even PSA worthy, but $300 for staple shell longwings isn't bad.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jesus Christ, I see 3 pages of new posts and thought Lobbs went $100 at Yoox again. Y'all got me all worked up for some Duckies? SMH

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

HOLY SHIT LOBBS WENT ON SALE FOR 100 FUCKING DOLLARS?!?

for real, if that ever happens again, you guys need to PM me ASAP and I will somehow make it up to you

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You are eight hundred ninety fifth first on the list bro.

8. chili

chili Well-Known Member

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I'm pretty sure some of the ones listed as $650 retail are shell (as discussed in a few posts here). These are made in India, and people have reported varying experiences with quality. See this thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/231441/...own-cordovan-shoe-boot-thread/75#post_5124866

I have a pair that I got from Brooks Brothers, and I've been happy with them for the price. But would definitely not pay anything near retail for them.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  10. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Not that I have any specific reasons to disagree, but I wouldn't assume they're shell just because of the retail price, given Gilt's recklessness with retail prices. I can't imagine why Gilt would fail to list the biggest selling point of the shoes if they were, in fact, shell.

11. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Im sure pretty much anyone in gilt doesnt even know what cordovan even is

12. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Can the mods start an official "lets debate the excruciating minutia of GILT sales" thread?

1 person likes this.
  13. eros

eros Member

Sid Mashburn's is having a winter sale online and in the store. Starts today. If anyone can recon the store, it is a little out of my way.
    www.sidmashburn.com/shop/sale.html

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

LOL, site just crashed

15. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Nothing that great. I'd say the best lead is on a blue blazer, if you're in the market. Most sizes available (no 42) for like $600, down from $800. There are also a few Attolini and Sartorio SCs on sale, if you are in the mood to drop a few grand.

1 person likes this.
  16. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

+2

17. cksnipe

cksnipe Senior member

For a cheap fully canvassed suit:

Indochino has a deal for 35% through Gilt City for $379 off any suit + free shirt (Orig. $79) + free tie (Orig. $39) for $339 total. If you get a referral, you get 20% extra off ($50) = $289 total to buy the deal. The person referring gets a 20% off coupon as well! Feel free to PM me if you need help getting the 20% off.

18. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Too bad they always fit like shiite

19. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Huge sale at cladmen.com including extra 25% off. My first time using the site, but I guess it is Esquire's website (or at least they have Esquire recommendations, etc. all over it) to compete with Gilt?

I ended up grabbing a coat, some slim fit dress shirts, a few ties, a hornback crocodile belt (what the heck is a hornback croc) and best of all, an amazing deal on these:

Bruno Magli (looks like mainline) bit loafers in brown (still available in many sizes) for ~ $120 (retail $465)!
    http://www.cladmen.com/leather-bit-front-loafer.html

These Gitman wool ties are also a great deal for ~$34 in grey wool:
    http://www.cladmen.com/solid-wool-tie.html

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  20. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

And likely your last. This is their going out of business sale. They are closing down the site after 6 months...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012