• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

Sotiris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
If you sign up for an account, shirts at Thin Red Line are currently just over $20 apiece. These are pretty solid dress shirts, I'd say comparable to T.M. Lewin or another mid-range English shirt. They now offer a slim fit, which is sort of like Brooks' slim fit from what I understand, and two sleeve lengths. They've also softened their collar lining a bit, which was an issue I had with the last round I bought (I was pretty happy with the last round for the price I paid, despite that issue). I bought six, including shipping ($30) the total was $150.

Good deal.

Sadly slim fit, 15 or even 15.5 x 35.5 is unavailable in white poplin, blue pinpoint, blue PoW, pink mini bengal.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
I see. I re-read your post, do you have any BB slim fit/extra slim fit shirts to compare? If they were even close it would be a great deal!

I'm definitely not skinny, but then again I'm not a ***** either. I used to play football in college so I guess I would consider myself "athletic" cut. But BB ESF shirts work pretty well for me, so if I can find a cheaper alternative with a similar cut I would be a very happy man
laugh.gif

There are exact measurements on their site. They're definitely not ESF material.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sotiris
Good deal.

Sadly slim fit, 15 or even 15.5 x 35.5 is unavailable in white poplin, blue pinpoint, blue PoW, pink mini bengal.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Yeah, once I post something like this on Put This On, stuff starts disappearing real quick.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
I received this email from Leffot.

Edward Green Trunk Show

A reminder that our spring trunk show with Edward Green takes place this Thursday May 5th from 11 - 7 PM. Robert Godley and Xavier Candat of Edward Green will be on hand to assist and take your order.

Trunk shows offer a unique opportunity to view many shoes and boots in one place. You will have the opportunity to choose among models, lasts, leathers, colors, and soles.

May 5th also marks Leffot's third anniversary. To celebrate we will present our first limited edition Anniversary Shoe the Edward Green Westminster in Horween navy shell cordovan.

100% of the profits generated from sales of our Anniversary Shoe will be donated to relief efforts of the Japanese Tsunami.

Our EG shows are tremendously popular. We present the largest selection of samples assembled at any Edward Green show in North America, including classics, core lines and new models. If you love EG shoes and frankly who doesn't, you can't afford to miss it.

The event is open to all; however we ask that you please contact us to schedule an appointment, this will help us to better serve you. We have already received a great deal of interest in this show we hope to see you there.

For more information about this event or to make an appointment please contact us at 212-989-4577 or [email protected].

I wonder what the price will be on that beaut.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
There are exact measurements on their site. They're definitely not ESF material.

I would say they are pushing the bounds of even being called slim fit.

cwh812

Reaction score
I received this email from Leffot.

May 5th also marks Leffot's third anniversary. To celebrate we will present our first limited edition Anniversary Shoe the Edward Green Westminster in Horween navy shell cordovan.

Mine.
bounce2.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
I would say they are pushing the bounds of even being called slim fit.
This is mostly a repeat of my comments in the other thread on this topic.

I was actually surprised at the quality of the fit, although I'm not "slim" in the SF sense (6' 220 lbs, 44" chest, 35" waist). I can move easily, but no collections of loose fabric anywhere. They note on the website that the "slim" fits are for people who are, in their words, "lucky enough to have a flat stomach" and I believe that's what they delivered. If you would described yourself as "slim," probably not for you, but if you're just a normal sized guy in good shape, they work nicely.

Troilus

Reaction score
Neiman Marcus Last Call has a 35% off any-non sale item online today through May 5. You can also get free shipping with the code LCMAYFS.

Pretty picked over selection, but I used the code to buy two house label belts.

For those in the suit market, a couple of Hickey Freeman suits (including this gray staple) are available for under $400, shipping included. No 40R's, unfortunately.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Troilus
Neiman Marcus Last Call has a 35% off any-non sale item online today through May 5. You can also get free shipping with the code LCMAYFS.

Pretty picked over selection, but I used the code to buy two house label belts.

For those in the suit market, a couple of Hickey Freeman suits (including this gray staple) are available for under $400, shipping included. No 40R's, unfortunately.

Any idea what model of suit it is?

vezatron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
BB has their Friends and Family sale coming up. 25% off everything except cordovan/made to order.

05FRIEND is the code.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like they want you to come in before they will tell you. Hmmm....

Like forcing a test drive of a car before discussing price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads