Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

Not sure if this qualifies as a PSA but I went to a function last week in Sydney and there was a guy doing a 4 CT shirts for A$150 shipped deal through his website: http://promotionsmagic.com.au Given the strength of the A$ it might not have much appeal to those outside Australia but I thought it might be worth mentioning (and no, I'm not "the guy" [​IMG] !)

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

3. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

Alright, everyone. This worked out well last time. I work for Barneys In the Mens Designer area, I just got my list of mark downs. You can PM me any styles you see from the website, I can tell you if they are going 40% off, if we have your size, where your size is located and help you get it. Hope all is well, and thank everyone for making last sale a smooth process..It is likely the mark down will take place the 18th, but I am happy to hold stuff or pre-sale items ASAP.

4. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

5. theyare

theyare Senior member

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

Brooks Bros Clearance sale
    <$200 for these Peal monks

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

They have great clearance deals on lots of other Peal shoes. I have the algonquin split toe and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. Made by C&J. Fit TTS.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

love the tan C&amp;J brogued loafers - now if they only had my size!

8. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

9. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Looking at the BB clearance shoes. Scored the pebble grain split toes and came here to share the PSA. I see I'm not the first with that idea.

Anyone know the maker/last for the Peal brogued loafers or the Peal brown monks?

10. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Looking at the BB clearance shoes. Scored the pebble grain split toes and came here to share the PSA. I see I'm not the first with that idea.

Anyone know the maker/last for the Peal brogued loafers or the Peal brown monks?

I am surprised the monk straps are not getting more action ... Made by C&J, cheap, and to my eye, one of the best looking monk straps out there.

11. cmavity

cmavity Member

Do we know anything about the monks other than that they're C&amp;J? I'd love to get a pair, but they don't seem to have them in my size 10.5, though they have 10 and 11. Hoping that someone can tell me that the last fits a little small or a little large.:)

12. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

13. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

New Niemann Marcus Last Call Studio in Rockville, MD opened yesterday. Mostly women's stuff. Lots of HF suits. Madison mostly, but also some LTD so watch out b/c they're both the same price ($599). Lots of Brioni ties, right now 30% off close to $100. Not much else to speak of IMO. Maybe it will expand selection at a later point. Relatively small space too in half of the old Tower Records space in Congressional.

14. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

New Niemann Marcus Last Call Studio in Rockville, MD opened yesterday. Mostly women's stuff. Lots of HF suits. Madison mostly, but also some LTD so watch out b/c they're both the same price ($599). Lots of Brioni ties, right now 30% off close to $100. Not much else to speak of IMO. Maybe it will expand selection at a later point. Relatively small space too in half of the old Tower Records space in Congressional.

I swung by yesterday and it was fairly underwhelming. The Brioni and Stefano Ricci Ties are $89 (before the 30%). I asked the Store Manager if he expected anything decent in Suiting, Outerwear Inventory etc. He was fairly certain that most of the Inventory from the mainline stores is destined for the 'Outlet Mall' stores. Rockville is targetting a female demographic. Quite a few Ferragamo Handbags and Ladies Shoes though..

15. BamaHater

BamaHater Senior member

All Burberry Prorsum extra 50% at Burberry outlet. Some of the items have been heavily discounted already. Some deal to be had there.