• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Evan Kinori Thread

elsewhere

Reaction score
hi everyone, sorry totally missed some DMs about invites. ek discord is very active.
currently we are only accepting members based on recommendation basis by people that are already on the cord and/or SF.
so its unlikely we will accept very new members with no history on SF and/or existing members. not trying to be elitist or whatever, just found this has been working so far.
i know it sucks but gotta do what it takes to keep the cord ecosystem alive. if you want to discuss further, pls dm me at @ambyance on IG, NOT sf bc its hard to check here. thank you.
If you're not trying to be elitist... simply don't, and make it public.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anything that is private automatically elitist? maybe that was poor diction on my end but if you think forums/reddit/discord all work the same, i would dare say you are gravely mistaken and I've personally seen many servers implode by being public.

elsewhere

Reaction score
is anything that is private automatically elitist? maybe that was poor diction on my end but if you think forums/reddit/discord all work the same, i would dare say you are gravely mistaken and I've personally seen many servers implode by being public.
Yes, making it so you have to know someone in your club to join your club makes it elitist.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Yes, making it so you have to know someone in your club to join your club makes it elitist.
Not to be a semantical tyrant, but 'exclusive' would be a more accurate characterization. Elitism refers to the idea that the 'elite' (those superior to others) should control things. I don't see anyone implying they're better than others. They've merely set a criteria for who's allowed to participate. That's exclusive - which is not inherently bad.

(I'm not in the Discord btw)

piblondin

Reaction score
Not to be a semantical tyrant, but 'exclusive' would be a more accurate characterization. Elitism refers to the idea that the 'elite' (those superior to others) should control things. I don't see anyone implying they're better than others. They've merely set a criteria for who's allowed to participate. That's exclusive - which is not inherently bad.

I’m not in the Discord, and I’m a total elitist. 😅

elsewhere

Reaction score

Yeah, and the discord bros are being elitist because they think they are better than others and should control who has access to the discord. That's elitist and exclusive. Not sure what your semantics brings to the conversation.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I made a niche discord I better control who gets in or not. Discords nowadays are rife with scams, crypto pumpers and spammers, not to mention just regular trolls. These things aren't public utilities and while there might all sorts of elitest things going on in the cord not putting public access on it is just basic protocol to make sure it's not a shitshow.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and the discord bros are being elitist because they think they are better than others and should control who has access to the discord. That's elitist and exclusive. Not sure what your semantics brings to the conversation.

I can't tell if you're trolling at this point but no one is stopping you from making a public discord server. Also, welcome to the forum and congrats on your first 3 posts.

blackcheer

Reaction score
I don't know where @elsewhere jumped out of with that energy. Wasn't at all my intended tone when poking fun at @ambyance's message about the discord thread. Sorry about that folks.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'd like to note that the line between exclusivity and elitism is tenuous; the former often begets the latter.

I'm fine with the discord thread being as it is. Glad to hear it's taken off, even if it's exclusive and risks being elitist. Just thought it was funny that @ambyance wouldn't own up to it.

@BlakeRVA, I finally got my hands on some of this season's items. It's all beautiful in one way or another. But none of it is for me. The bargain-mistint-paint colour scheme isn't my thing. I felt like an extra in a Mad Max straight-to-dvd spin-off in the persimmon-dyed fabric. And the butcher linen just didn't drape well on me.

Hope you all had better luck this season. Crossing my fingers there's some fabrics and colours for me this coming one. Still in love with the black wool corduroy bellow jacket and the few tees I own

Last edited:

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I don't know where @elsewhere jumped out of with that energy. Wasn't at all my intended tone when poking fun at @ambyance's message about the discord thread. Sorry about that folks.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'd like to note that the line between exclusivity and elitism is tenuous; the former often begets the latter.

I'm fine with the discord thread being as it is. Glad to hear it's taken off, even if it's exclusive and risks being elitist. Just thought it was funny that @ambyance wouldn't own up to it.

@BlakeRVA, I finally got my hands on some of this season's items. It's all beautiful in one way or another. But none of it is for me. The bagain-mistint-paint colour scheme isn't my thing. I felt like an extra in a Mad Max straight-to-dvd spin-off in the persimmon-dyed fabric. And the butcher linen just didn't drape well on me.

Hope you all had better luck this season. Crossing my fingers there's some fabrics and colours for me this coming one. Still in love with the black wool corduroy bellow jacket and the few tees I own

Speaking of the tees, I felt like last season's collar hems were weirdly long/high such that I didn't like the way they fit around my neck. I have an older season tee that has a "normal" collar length/height so I think it's a recent change. Anybody else notice what I'm talking about? I'm also wondering if this season's tees are the same.

Last edited:

Samer

Reaction score
Damn this thread needs a pic
87CAB1F4-7FA1-4E4E-AC2E-CF3C67C1599E.jpeg

blackcheer

Reaction score
I've noticed a difference in size from one shirt to the next. They stretch out quite a bit, so I've attributed it to that. I can't even hang mine because the shoulders get hanger bumps. I wear medium in EK tees, and prefer them after a few wears

Speaking of the tees, I felt like last season's collar hems were weirdly long/high such that I didn't like the way they fit around my neck. I have an older season tee that has a "normal" collar length/height so I think it's a recent change. Anybody else notice what I'm talking about? I'm also wondering if this season's tees are the same.

hobojones

Reaction score
Also, unfortunately, LW-C has some pretty consistent QC issues. I have the same size in the same types of shirt (i.e. our t shirt) and they fit completely different. So I imagine the case is the same with the Evan Kinori collab as the tees are produced by LW-C.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads