• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Evan Kinori Thread

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Stopped by Glasswing to "just look" at their SS21 buy and left with a Cotton Hemp Field Shirt.

A few thoughts:
- The Belgian Linen is much thicker than anticipated, thicker than the Cotton Hemp imo. I was considering a pair of pants, but worried they would get overly wrinkled being Linen, but no longer feel that way.
- The Nylon Anorak is super lightweight and almost flimsy. Nice to wear throughout the summer and stay dry, but probably a bit thin to wear on colder spring days. Bonus point, the Sales Associate had it on and looked really cool.
- Cotton Hemp is really nice in person. It has a great depth of color and structured feel to it.
- Single Pleat pants are bigger than my future, big boys everywhere rejoice. Measurements on Evan's website are accurate. I'd say size down.
- Worsted Wool is lightweight, but structured. Seems like a great pant for Spring and Fall. Not scratchy either imo.

Cheers,
Blake

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Stopped by Glasswing to "just look" at their SS21 buy and left with a Cotton Hemp Field Shirt.

A few thoughts:
- The Belgian Linen is much thicker than anticipated, thicker than the Cotton Hemp imo. I was considering a pair of pants, but worried they would get overly wrinkled being Linen, but no longer feel that way.
- The Nylon Anorak is super lightweight and almost flimsy. Nice to wear throughout the summer and stay dry, but probably a bit thin to wear on colder spring days. Bonus point, the Sales Associate had it on and looked really cool.
- Cotton Hemp is really nice in person. It has a great depth of color and structured feel to it.
- Single Pleat pants are bigger than my future, big boys everywhere rejoice. Measurements on Evan's website are accurate. I'd say size down.
- Worsted Wool is lightweight, but structured. Seems like a great pant for Spring and Fall. Not scratchy either imo.

Cheers,
Blake
Ugh I'm so close to picking up some of those Belgian single pleats........

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few thoughts:

Cheers,
Blake
Thx for the input
Do you have any pics u took at gw? Also how is worsted wool compared to wool serge from last season?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Thx for the input
Do you have any pics u took at gw? Also how is worsted wool compared to wool serge from last season?
Unfortunately my phone was dead. Wool serge was a bit thicker from what I remember. The worsted wool feels thicker than a "Tropical Wool" but lighter than most FW wools if that makes sense.

Also forgot to say I went with XS on the Field Shirt, which is my usual size. Didn't notice any big differences in sizing except the Single Pleat which my 28" waist didn't even bother with.

Edit: @blockdmyownshot i think 32 was the smallest I saw out on the floor.. don't remember. The SA complained about the sizing being huge

Last edited:

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Unfortunately my phone was dead. Wool serge was a bit thicker from what I remember. The worsted wool feels thicker than a "Tropical Wool" but lighter than most FW wools if that makes sense.

Also forgot to say I went with XS on the Field Shirt, which is my usual size. Didn't notice any big differences in sizing except the Single Pleat which my 28" waist didn't even bother with.
Did they have the 28 in single pleats there? I see them online but some guy I was emailing with was saying they were sold out. The 30 according to EKs site is still a bit big for me ?

maxbayuk

Reaction score

A few thoughts:

Cheers,
Blake
Thanks for the write up. I thought what you're calling 'Cotton Hemp' is a 100% hemp canvas though— is it a hemp/cotton blend?

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Sorry, thought it was called Cotton Hemp on Evan's site, but you're correct 100% hemp.

Can you tell I'm a very informed customer? ?

Haha well the way it looked and felt to you is much more important than the material details. I was told that Evan has decided to make that particular fabric a staple going forward, particularly for spring summer seasons, because it epitomizes his brand in a way, hemp being a sustainable material to grow, the undyed fabric being more raw materiality than more processed dyed fabric, its durable, wears nicely, etc.

leftysmasher

Reaction score
I have hemp summer cloth elastic pants from 2 seasons ago and love the way they feel now. Fibers have nicely broken in with wear and wash!

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score

Edit: @blockdmyownshot i think 32 was the smallest I saw out on the floor.. don't remember. The SA complained about the sizing being huge
just saw you edit! yeah I was emailing them waiting to hear back about a measurement and he let me know they sold out of the 30 while I was waiting to hear back :( If anyone picks up the anthracite single pleat pants and they don't work out in a 30 let me know :)

Samer

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the sumi ink. The canvas and color will break in really nicely after one wash. It transfers easily at first, almost chalky, but the depth of color is killer.

The butcher linen is starchier than past seasons, but that might be because it’s just out of the box.

And the natural indigo dye is also really nice, especially the texture of the fabric.
03931C14-E4C6-4879-8236-D2EBF278C876.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads