• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Evan Kinori Thread

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got a few Fall items today and have to say, I'm a little bummed. I received the field shirt in brushed wool twill and the navy corduroy 3 pocket jacket.

First and foremost, they're gorgeous pieces of clothing. But, the measurements are off from what EK's website has them as.
The field shirt in medium measures 22" in the chest, 18" in the shoulder, and then 24" in the sleeve. So that's .25" off in the chest, .75" in the shoulder, and a whole 1" in the sleeve length. And to be honest, the first two measurements I am good with, but the sleeve is rather sucky (I'm 6'3").
The 3 pocket jacket in medium measures 21.75" in the chest, 18.5" in the shoulder, and again, 24" for sleeve length (Ek's website has it at chest-21.75", shoulder-19", sleeve length-24.75"). The jacket fits me great in the body (similar to the field shirt) but the sleeve is awful. It also doesn't help that the sleeve tapers quite a bit (unlike the field shirt) and so it really pulls when extending my arms.

I'll definitely be returning the corduroy jacket and I am a bit torn on the field shirt. Again, it fits great in the body (chest and shoulder) but the sleeve could be a bit longer (I'd prefer closer to 25"). I'm just not sure if the body will then be too big if I size up to a large.

Morgan Creek

Reaction score
I'll definitely be returning the corduroy jacket and I am a bit torn on the field shirt. Again, it fits great in the body (chest and shoulder) but the sleeve could be a bit longer (I'd prefer closer to 25"). I'm just not sure if the body will then be too big if I size up to a large.

i'm 6'4” and 185, and the shirts and three-pocket jackets in Large fit me pretty much perfectly, taking into account that they’re roomy cuts.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got a few Fall items today and have to say, I'm a little bummed. I received the field shirt in brushed wool twill and the navy corduroy 3 pocket jacket.

First and foremost, they're gorgeous pieces of clothing. But, the measurements are off from what EK's website has them as.
The field shirt in medium measures 22" in the chest, 18" in the shoulder, and then 24" in the sleeve. So that's .25" off in the chest, .75" in the shoulder, and a whole 1" in the sleeve length. And to be honest, the first two measurements I am good with, but the sleeve is rather sucky (I'm 6'3").
The 3 pocket jacket in medium measures 21.75" in the chest, 18.5" in the shoulder, and again, 24" for sleeve length (Ek's website has it at chest-21.75", shoulder-19", sleeve length-24.75"). The jacket fits me great in the body (similar to the field shirt) but the sleeve is awful. It also doesn't help that the sleeve tapers quite a bit (unlike the field shirt) and so it really pulls when extending my arms.

Mind posting some pics?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 6'4” and 185, and the shirts and three-pocket jackets in Large fit me pretty much perfectly, taking into account that they’re roomy cuts.
You're pretty close to me in size. I'm 6'3" and 170. Some brands can be hard as I'm rather tall and skinny.

Mind posting some pics?
Yea, I can take a few pics! (My corduroy jacket fits very similar to the moleskin jacket on the model on Glasswing's website)

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please disregard the moving mess :blush:

Both worn with a tee and light sweater underneath.

IMG_6683.jpeg
IMG_6686.jpeg

IMG_6689.jpeg

IMG_6688.jpeg

GeorgeC

Reaction score
@winston86dit it seems to me you could go up a size without problem.
I have the same prob for EK - 6’1, 170lbs - M or L? The chest measurements are so big...

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three-pocket in L
That looks perfect! Unfortunately for me, the navy cord 3 pocket is sold out everywhere now.

@winston86dit sorry to hear about that! IMO twill field shirt looks great as is, but the sleeves are noticeably short on the 3 pocket.
Thanks man. Yea, I'm thinking the field shirt will still work out and I'll just have to take the loss on the 3 pocket.

For what it's worth, the measurements on Neighbor seem to be closer to actual. Also, for the 4 pocket pants, I found that the waist measures .5 inch less than EK's website as well.

Morgan Creek

Reaction score
That looks perfect! Unfortunately for me, the navy cord 3 pocket is sold out everywhere now.
Have you tried calling one of the Dover Streets? They don't provide much online information about their stock, but the NYC store usually has a pretty wide selection from each EK collection.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements really vary how you measure maybe up to an inch so it’s best to just go off previous experience so check out his studio when u get a chance or a stockist. Otherwise I’d suggest buying two sizes and returning one.

Try a large on the field shirt to see how it fits despite the chest measurement bc numbers are one thing, trying it on is a whole another thing.

Feel like you just have long arms so sizing up may not help but still better to know than not. And yeah the 3p is a no go on your build haha. Def don’t try the bellow either since the sleeves are even shorter.

also dsmla and dsmny have the same ek buys. I confirmed. No navy cord 3p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads