• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Evan Kinori Thread

faue

Reaction score
About (from his website):

evan kinori designs and works as a pattern-maker in his San Francisco based studio - slowly expanding upon a collection of thoughtful, well constructed garments.

Evan has gained a cult following over the last several years, recently being featured in a number of GQ articles highlighting a new wave of young American designers. His FW20 collection is set to drop imminently, including his first foray into footwear in collaboration with perennial SF darling Tricker’s. As a huge fan of his work, particularly his eye for texture and color, I think he deserves a thread of his own.

franknotion

Reaction score
Was just thinking we needed an EK thread. Stoked to see the FW20 drop this weekend. Curious about the Tricker's collab too--I hadn't heard about that

Symphony

Reaction score
EK is great but man it’s almost impossible to find anything

faue

Reaction score
I should probably correct myself and say “hard to find anything in my size + price range”

This is fair. The retail price point is a fairly high and he only makes a handful of XLs for each item. The secondary market can be hit-or-miss, although between the-site-which-can't-be-named and YJP, there are the occasional great deals. Half of my EK stuff I've picked up second hand, although I'm lucky to be a true medium.

illiterate

Reaction score
Love the Donegal tweed fabric

1601677856837.png

faue

Reaction score
After much deliberation, I picked up the single pleat navy cords.

evan-kinori-Single-Pleat-Pant-Cotton-Wide-Wale-Cord-dark-navy-made-in-california-02

Waiting to see what comes about from the stockists and in the second drop. Hoping to see the wool serge in a single pleat and that beautiful herringbone wool in another piece of outerwear:

evan-kinori-Bellow-Pocket-Jacket-Lambswool-Herringbone-made-in-california-09

Besides the navy cord and herringbone fabrics, the biggest standout to me was this coat
evan-kinori-Hooded-Coat-Heavy-Wool-Duffle-Cloth-hunting-red-made-in-california-02

but it's a tad pricey for me.

Closing thoughts: there's a little bit more recycling from previous seasons here. Some familiar fabrics coming back, like the lambswool flannel and olive wide wale cord, as well as subtly different fabrics, like the wool gauze mustard that's similar to the marigold 2 pocket from two seasons ago. The asymmetrical closure on the bellows jacket still gives me pause. I'm happy to see he's branching out in terms of footwear styling -- for the first time, we are seeing cons and what looks to be something from Paraboot in addition the the black derbies he's used in the past. The Big Shirt seem to be the most popular of the newer cuts -- they sell out before anything else, almost regardless of the fabric used.

Last edited:

KillaCam628

Reaction score
Grabbed the herringbone bellow jacket. Really wanted the mustard wool gauze big shirt but that went in a L fast. Hopefully a stockist will get it :brick:. The wool serge stuff also looks amazing.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the placket and zipper heads on the Zip Jacket were moved from the right side of the jacket to the left.... :( Just one of those minor changes that really just kills it for me

Bummed to have missed out on the marked brown twill anorak though, hopefully it shows up at a stockist

NO MERCY

Reaction score
This thread can't be without Evan's Shakshuka recipe, courtesy of the New York Times:

1601940375415.png

Evan Kinori’s Shakshuka
  • 1 chopped yellow or white onion
  • 1 chopped green bell pepper
  • 3 chopped cremini mushrooms
  • 3 leaves dinosaur kale
  • 1 28-ounce can organic diced tomatoes
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper to taste
  • Sliced toast and sliced avocado
1. Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add green peppers. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, adding mushrooms after about a minute, stirring until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes and season to taste. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring until liquid evaporates.

2. Using a serving spoon or ladle, make three impressions, or “nests,” in the mixture. Crack eggs into nests and cover pan (ideally with a transparent lid). Poach eggs until the whites solidify but yolks are still runny.

3. While eggs cook, chop kale, slice bread and begin toasting. Plate the shakshuka with kale sprinkled on top, plus toast and avocado on the side. This recipe serves at least two people, and you can always add more eggs if you’d like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads