• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Evan Kinori Thread

slvth

Reaction score
Is big shirt worth sizing down on?
If anything I'd even say size up. I'm a pretty true L/50 and L big shirts fit me just a liiittle too cropped in the arms, resting just above my wrist. Sized up to an XL with the indigo cotton from the recent drop and will report back on fit.

ambyance

Reaction score
If anything I'd even say size up. I'm a pretty true L/50 and L big shirts fit me just a liiittle too cropped in the arms, resting just above my wrist. Sized up to an XL with the indigo cotton from the recent drop and will report back on fit.
Interesting, I also think the sleeve can be slightly longer on the bs. Never tried XL for some reason so do let us know. Quite curious!

maxbayuk

Reaction score
I size down in Big Shirts. I wear an L in most of Evan's clothes but I wear an M in Big Shirts. I have short arms (like 1-2 inches shorter than most people my height) compared to my chest and shoulders. The M ends up being a little bit less of an oversized silhouette but still plenty long and roomy through the body.

Agreed w/ Amby, I've found the sleeve length can vary a bit on them from season to season

maxbayuk

Reaction score
I'm curious how the color of this season's cotton indigo compares to last SS cotton/hemp one

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Also hollar if anyone hears what EK stock DSMLA is carrying

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
First time Evan kinori buyer potentially would y'all say the measurements on his site are pretty spot on? Noticed on the butcher linen pants the size 30 measured almost 35 for them

maxbayuk

Reaction score
It seems like they used to just do one set of measurements for each pattern even if there was variance w/ different fabrications but now they're either including the measurements for each specific fabrication if there are measurements included (although many products pages don't have measurements for this season)

For butcher linen pants in particular it looks like they sewed up pretty oversized

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
First time Evan kinori buyer potentially would y'all say the measurements on his site are pretty spot on? Noticed on the butcher linen pants the size 30 measured almost 35 for them
For the butcher linen, other stockists (Glasswing shop) are also saying they run big and to size down.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Butcher linen also gets bigger as it’s worn imo
:eek: really? Damn their site didn't even have a smaller than the 30 which measured 17.5 across or something for them. That's wild. Have they done butcher linen before? I love the anthracite color so much but do you need to be pretty precious with it?

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Don’t think you have to be precious with it at all but it’s a pretty loose weave and I believe I was told linen fibers themselves have a tendency to stretch over time, so both of those lend themselves to pieces in that fabric getting bigger

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Can anyone comment how the tumbled hemp canvas fabric compares to the butcher linen? I’ve only handled the butcher and wondering how the thickness / openness / handfeel compares

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 68 33.5%