Official Dubstep Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Blackfyre, Mar 7, 2011.

1. word

word Senior member

Right now I'm liking me some Distance, 2562 and Scuba(haven't gotten triangulation yet). [​IMG] Yall Burial fans check out Pangaea.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

Less of the shark-jumped and excessively dissonant variety, lets get some Joker in dis. Great original tunes, and has a bad habit of adding some cool rhythm and obscene fucking low end to remixes. Goes without saying, but turn up the bass..

Burial is fucking great and needs to release more stuff. Prone to getting jerked off by people who "get" his music, but nobody does the theme music for walking home alone at night in the rain better.

Nit Grit is fucking boss. Took me awhile to come around on this guy, but hot damn. Great stuff... it's got the dark tinge of Burial but is a lot more tech-y sounding and less background music. Has a lot of the wom-wom-womwomwomwom you all love but without the dissonance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQb99...eature=related

3. ysb

ysb Senior member

4. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

I listen to this on a pair of Sony MDR-V700s when I can't sleep Datsik- Jenova Project Saw Skrillex @ Webster Hall last month, though I don't consider him dubstep. Lots of fun though.

5. West24

West24 Senior member

6. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

this is about as close to dubstep as I'm willing to get:

Netsky - I Can't Hold It

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Haha, no but really... I can get down with Burial and Clubroot, but liquid funk is just far more enjoyable imo.

This Clubroot tune is pretty chill:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. otc

otc Senior member

I think I like my Burial better like this:

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

For those who like their dub unbelievably filthy

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Not my particular taste, but some might like it.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

I think I like my Burial better like this:

all of untrue is kickass. first time i heard it was like [​IMG], untrue, raver, near dark are all standouts.

10. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

+1 for raver, that song is a godsend

11. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

12. Homme

Homme Senior member

Really liked Mount Kimbie's album 'Crooks and Lovers', came out last year.

13. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

If you like Skrillex, you'll probably like Zeds Dead; and vice versa. Kinda hiphopstep. In a somewhat similar vein, PANTyRAID. Dubstep purists probably won't appreciate either.

14. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

just downloaded 5 : 5 Years of Hyperdub. favorites so far --

&

15. Cotillion

Cotillion Senior member

My favs:

chase and status- Saxon
    Black Sun Empire- hypersun