• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
think it was >300usd.

which CPs? i have a feeling you can find them elsewhere since CPs are ubiquitous these days
Actually just the standard Achilles low, likely in navy. But I need a size 39--based on everything I've read about CP sizing--which is not so easy to come by. FB seems to have a really good selection of models and they carry 39 in most of them.

Do you mean you paid $300 + the actual purchase price from the webstore? Or just $300 in total? If the latter then that isn't too bad since they are listed at around $280 non-EU. If the former--yikes.

Edit: The exact pair I'm thinking of atm: http://www.fransboonestore.com/collections/common-projects/products/common-projects-vintage-low-navy

Last edited:

xhalz

Reaction score
looking to order something from Oki-Ni --> USA, and was wondering if they mark down their shipment or mark full price? I'm considering ordering 2 things from them, but I'm unsure of sizing on one of the items. So, might not be worth ordering from at all if they mark full price. Please let me know

Last edited:

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looking to order something from Oki-Ni --> USA, and was wondering if they mark down their shipment or mark full price? I'm considering ordering 2 things from them, but I'm unsure of sizing on one of the items. So, might not be worth ordering from at all if they mark full price. Please let me know

They mark full price and you will definitely be hit with customs.

Has anyone ordered anything from The Broken Arm in Paris before? Looking to see if I will get hit with customs from them or not.

Blog Marley

Reaction score

cyan

Reaction score

Menswear Shipping from Europe to the US: A Review

It seems I’ve been buying my menswear primarily from Europe these days, so I kept a diary of 1) how long it took for items to arrive from some of my favorite stores and 2) how the product arrived. I’ve ranked these popular online menswear retailers based on the swiftness and the overall shipping experience.
1) Sartoria Rossi: 4 days (shipped via TNT.it 10/26, arrived 10/30) Notes: I ordered a sport coat, and Sartoria Rossi packed it in a cool and clever box that had a built-in coat-rack. 2) Berg and Berg: 5 days (shipped via FedEx 10/21, arrived 10/26). Notes: Efficient with quick status updates, as expected from Norwegians. No issues. 3) Viola Milano 4 days (shipped via DHL 11/11, arrived 11/16) Notes: I was initially irritated that I never received any confirmation that the item had shipped, but I guess the rapid arrival makes up for the silence. Still, the tie was doused with a very strong cologne, probably from a thank you card that was put in the box, so I had to hang the tie in my garage, then outside to chill for a few days lest the fragrance overwhelm my whole closet. I’d suggest they stop doing that. 4) Boggi Milano: 7 days (shipped via FedEx 11/9, arrived 11/16). Notes: Tracking was easy, but customs was a bit annoying. Fed Ex called because they needed me to translate the Italian description of the items before they would release the shipment. Luckily, I was home to take the call to avoid delay. Still, this was extra interaction I would rather not bother with. Items came with a Boggi newspaper, which I enjoyed using to practice my Italian (it also included English). 5) Shibumi-Berlin: 15 days (shipped via DHL 11/5, arrived 11/20). Notes: This was the slowest shipment of all. At times the tracking showed no movement for days. Once the item hit the USA, it was relegated to USPS, which is usually the slowest carrier with poor tracking reports. At 15 euros for two ties, service should be faster. I would recommend that Shibumi try another approach..
So what about custom/tax charges for these orders? If you got charged, how much was it for order from each shop? Thanks.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of an odd question, but the situation's never arisen before...

The UK £15 import limit applies to the package value not the individual goods, doesn't it? i.e, if I ship two £10 items separately I won't get charged, but if I ship two together I will?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads