Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

White-collar crime / tax evasion is something that they will work together on, as its money out the taxman's pocket and they don't like that and its anticompetitive due to the lower taxation on the products.

2. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

It's peasant crime relatively.

Irony being the biggest direct tax thieves are the "too big to fail" banks who own congress in the first place. Same as it ever was and will be.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Yeah well fuck the po-leese.

4. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Wow... Thanks so much for all the input gents, apparently I didn't know jack shit about international shipping and all of the legalities behind it. Just an update on my issue, FedEx ended claiming that the items were "lost" and that nothing was ever shipped, TBS responded back and advised that they would handle the FedEx claim from this point forward and that they could re-send the "lost" items expedited and insured right away. Those dudes at TBS are a real class act, FedEx on the other hand is a heaping pile of shit, fuck them.

5. velomane

velomane Senior member

You're probably preaching to the choir on that point.

6. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I know I am... I can't withhold my hatred for them though, they are so fucking careless, and the hoops you have to jump through to find a decent human being in their "overgoods department" is mind boggling.

/rant

7. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

I ordered from sneakerboy in december when they had that amazing 50% boxing day. When I received the package (in Canada) I was surprised not to have a single duty/tax/handling charge. Now literally months later, I get a bill for it.... did this happen to anyone else? the shipping company was TNT express.

8. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Two months, and just barely. Not really an unreasonable time frame.

9. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Several months ago I ordered something from an Italian boutique via Farfetch and the online DHL tracking info conflicted with the text messages they sent me. When I called DHL the rep literally told me they would not deliver my package unless I called some number, which doesn't even come up in google, and paid the duty first over the phone. I asked the rep why I couldn't write a check like I usually do when the guy comes to the door and she just repeated the same lie.

Package arrived two days later and DHL guy said no duties this time.

[​IMG]

10. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Just was a little surprised, I'm more accustom to paying the fees at the point of receiving.

11. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

i'm sure this has been brought up before but 20 pages is a lot. ordering from US. do people usually get duties on shipments from the bureau belfast?

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Yes

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I've ordered several times and never been hit.
    They've shipped via FedEx.

14. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

I ordered from them about a year ago and didn't get hit, though that might be because it was a U.S. made product (Gitman Bros.) or under the cost threshold. It cost me $100 but they might have marked it down. Not sure how it was sent. Hope this minor bit of info is a help.

15. pbdeng4

pbdeng4 Active Member

I did a quick search through this thread, but couldn't find anything pertaining to Sweden to US shipping. I recently purchased a jacket from Smilefortress and my item has been in some city in South Carolina for the past few days under the tag "Has been sorted". The thing that occurred right before it was "UTLANDET, CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, IN PROGRESS" in Sweden. Does this mean my package passed customs in Sweden and is now just held up in a warehouse in the US?