1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blklblk, Apr 4, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:thumbs-up: I agree, tapering is the way to go. but beware, altering those pants is contagious. After I had the leg tapered I took them back to the tailor to get the waist and seat taken in. It begins to feel like you are wearing a completely new pair once you get it tailored.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

for some reason, the right back pocket with my wallet looks a lot more pronounced in the angle of my pic ... but yeah

3. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

just out of curiosity, how slim fitting are these?

4. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Nice and slim throughout the thigh area. Look at Namor's fit pics to get an idea on the top block, but ignore the bottom half since he got them tapered.

In SVB pics, you can get an idea on the bottom half. These are much slimmer than the regulation chinos which tend to be on the straight or relaxed side.

These are not super tapered like Petite Standards or Dior, but they are not meant to be like that.

5. slide13

slide13 Senior member

do these loosen up in the thigh at all after a little wear? Tried on size 32 and 33 today. The 32s fit great in the waist, seat, and from the knee down but were just a touch slimmer then ideal in the thigh. The 33s were perfect in the thigh but a little too big everywhere else. I'm leaning towards the 32s I think but thought those of you who have been wearing these might have some advice.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah they will loosen up everywhere, especially in the waist. If you can manage the initial tightness of the break in period, I would go with the 32. Otherwise you will be swimming in the 33s in about a few months

7. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Thanks Namor, that was what I needed to know. 32 it is then. Much appreciated!

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

wrong post

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  9. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

still no size 28 available? how about size 29, does any shop still have that size in stock?

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I think both Context and Blake "had" 29, couple days ago, you should email them.

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I was in Context last night and smallest I saw was 32...which I bought....so now 33 is looks to be as small as they have, but I could be wrong so it might be worth checking.

Love these pants, can't wait to really start breaking them in. I've gotten bored with the whole jeans thing a little and wanted something different. These are going to get treated like a new pair of raw denim for me. I'll wear them most days, avoid washing when I can, and just generally wear the crap out of them. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

12. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

^ You know what's weird, I got measurements from Context and according to them, 32 and 33 measure exactly the same (waist, thigh, knee etc). So someone looking for a 32 might be able to do a 33. FYI

13. EddieAnthony

EddieAnthony Member

Just got back from Blake, they had a 29 or 28 (can't remember) and a 36.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i've really been slacking wearing these. honestly it's been in 90s for about 2 weeks running with humidity levels that rival a rainforest.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1. also got them slimmed down which doesn't help. oh and the buttons are popping off. anyone here having problems with buttons? I don't know why RRL went with sewable buttons. You effectively have a pair of jean and jeans need rivet buttons to account for the tough fabric.

btw, SF 2.0 = :fu:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  16. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Hrmmm, is it possible to add rivet buttons? That'd be pretty cool.

17. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I'm sure if you can find rivet buttons of the right size it could be done pretty easily actually. My buttons seem very secure so far, but I do wish they were riveted instead. My EP's Rivet chinos have that (which is maybe why they are called Rivet) and they are fantastic and much easier to button/unbutton.

oh well, still loving these officers chinos. This is my second RRL purchase (first was a shawl collar cardigan from the Lighthouse collection) and I've been pretty impressed.

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

beware ... once you start, you cant stop :)

19. saxamaphone

saxamaphone Active Member

Was the waist stretch on these ever pinned down?

Are we talking like .5"-1" ?

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I would say 1" - 1.5"