Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blklblk, Apr 4, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I live on the beach so I just go for a swim in the ocean and then lay on the sand until dry. [​IMG]

lolz. im going to snorkel in them at one point...

clee, I soaked my chinos in a bathtub full of hot water and then hung them dry. in theory, the hotter the water and the longer you soak them, the more your garment should shrink. btw, no detergent was used [​IMG]

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

and in all seriousness, I am going to have to give them a soak soon. The amount these have stretched is ridiculous. Whoever compared them to APC is bang on.

3. adadan

adadan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't sure they would stretch that much, not being very tight to begin with, but they definitely have.

I hot soaked them once/machine dried them right when I got them and then also cold soaked them once (post tailoring). Hot soaking them only shrunk them a little if at all, but definitely tightened them up overall.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Yeah, I wasn't sure they would stretch that much, not being very tight to begin with, but they definitely have. I hot soaked them once/machine dried them right when I got them and then also cold soaked them once (post tailoring). Hot soaking them only shrunk them a little if at all, but definitely tightened them up overall.
    hrmmm, I think ill do that right now. Hot soak them and then dry in the dryer. Ill post before and after measurements

5. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

How is the sizing on these? I am a 30 (after the streching) in APC petit standard, so what should I get for these?

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

HAHA fit pic
    [​IMG]

looks good. what happened here? [​IMG]

7. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

so whats the consensus on sizing, go down 1 or 2 sizes?

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

If you are not planning on washing them for awhile, size down 2.

9. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

looks good. what happened here?

smudge from my hand, mirror I used was covered in dust.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

hrmmm, I think ill do that right now. Hot soak them and then dry in the dryer. Ill post before and after measurements
    gave the jeans a hot soak last night in some detergent. soaked them for about 15 minutes in hot water. then threw them in the dryer for an hour. wore them to work today and by the end of the day the chinos had pretty much stretched back out to pre-shrink measurements. The details from a 34 LE chino: Before: W: 18 FR: 11 1/2 Crotch (at seam): 12 3/4 Inseam: 34 Leg Opening: 9 After: W: 17 3/8 FR: 11 1/4 Crotch (at seam): 12 1/2 Inseam: 33 1/2 Leg Opening: 8 5/8 I gave the pants a quick measurement after the soak and all the "before" measurements had shrunk about a quarter of an inch. Like I mentioned, by the end of the day the chinos had stretched back out. So as far as sizing is concerned, I dont think soaking, drying will do much for these chinos. What is permanent though is the look of the chino. After the soak and dry, the "new" look was gone. You can see the grain of the fabric because some color was lost. The edges and points of contacts show reveal the naked white fabric. They look more casual now.

11. stever

stever Senior member

quick photo after riding home from class; excuse how sweaty i am

[​IMG]

12. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

What is permanent though is the look of the chino. After the soak and dry, the "new" look was gone. You can see the grain of the fabric because some color was lost. The edges and points of contacts show reveal the naked white fabric. They look more casual now.

interesting, kind of like raw denim i guess... any before after pics?

13. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Just had a realization, did these come with any extra tags besides the price tag and the size tag? Almost all of RRL goods had that cool weathered tag. Also did these come with buttons? My non selvage ones had a button fall off and want to be covered if it happens again.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Just had a realization, did these come with any extra tags besides the price tag and the size tag? Almost all of RRL goods had that cool weathered tag. Also did these come with buttons? My non selvage ones had a button fall off and want to be covered if it happens again.

the LE has a tag stitched inside of the back right pocket

15. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

the LE has a tag stitched inside of the back right pocket

The union tag inside the right back pocket is actually present on almost all their nom denim pants including the new selvedge chinos.

And yes these come w spare buttons. All the officer chinos come with a large and small button