1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, May 11, 2011.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, i actually like his fit for exactly those reasons.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

This thread is friggin useless -- it was supposed to contain the moast epic pics but instead it has become a duller, crabbier version of WAYWT.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. sipang

sipang Senior member

It's really not difficult, you basically pick every fit with more than 7 "likes", there's very little margin of error. (Would be great if every waywt with more than 10 likes was automatically posted here). Omitted some that weren't my cup of tea but good nonetheless, could probably remove some too... Anyway

Let's bring that shit up to speed.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ That Asobu fit is so good. The auto-post thing is a good idea as well.

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

Nice on sipang, keeping the thread going.

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Sipang, such good picks.

What is aaaaeeiiiiiooouuuuu's jacket in the above fit? Is it a TOJ?

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Nice, do you still make these? How much did/do they retail fo?

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I was thinking about this last night, but for one thing, seven seems like a pretty low number (not that another arbitrary number couldn't be picked), and for another - I wonder how the population skew would work out? Would we revert to 2008 and be praising solely workwear? I don't think so, but it seems that the most active and vocal posters in waywt aren't necessarily representative of SF's cultural and aesthetic ethos. Yeah, I'd vote for asobu pretty much every time he posted, but after adjusting the number necessary for the population (we don't want every single fit to be a best of), would anyone else? Would someone like Binker? I suppose it doesn't matter either way; and the SF hall of fame ought to reflect SF's majority tastes, but I guess I'm saying that the masses are not necessarily an arbiter of aesthetic truth.

10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I largely agree, but good luck finding a better criterion of aesthetic truth.

1 person likes this.
  11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

How about me?

On that note, two that I thought were excellent but that might not get much love:

[​IMG]

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

[/quote]

I suggested a 10 likes threshold though, it changes EVERYTHING.

The fit I posted were the ones with the most likes, I wouldn't worry about a new workwear offensive.

I think one of the condition for fits to be posted here is that the pic quality should be decent, nobodys wants to look at good fits with shit backgrounds or all blurry or reflected through ten mirrors.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Having a like threshold could have the unintended consequence of shifting the thread away from having discussions of fits to just voting on them. Although now that I think about it, most of the talk is fuelled by Lane and Uncontrol so maybe this is a good thing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  14. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Would look better without the cockbib

We all started somewhere, this shit is like posting pics of you as a kid in that OshKosh B'Gosh and saying they dress like shit

Great selection, though to be honest (and no hate here), I'm not a fan of that Synthese fit

15. sipang

sipang Senior member

^^ Most discussions in waywt revolve around bad fits or supposed bad fits, great fits usually get a couple of accolades then it's back to the bitch fest. People will stay for the drama.

Besides, most people that vote on fits don't actually post in waywt

16. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

lmao i posted that like last week

17. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Well now I feel like an ass. I thought you had a way different style than that?

18. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

haha i jus wear w/e i wanna wear. n that fit is p cool imo, vintage mil surplus + leopard shirt lookd dope up close, rest is just cheap shit.

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I just thought you had evolved towards some diet-gothninja Geller type stuff. The jacket's not my cup of tea (like that collar though) and the sneakers are kind of ratty looking but without it'd be very similar to what I have in my closet

20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member