• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A current, updated Best of WAYWT thread would serve as a much better reference point for noobs rather than telling them to go to the actual WAYWT thread where its filled with a lot of medicore fits and cat fighting, or worse, the pic only WAYWT thread that is... well, ughh. Here's the links to the previous ones although they got sidetracked and a lot of links were broken, so I apologize if everything is a little messy I had to fix a lot of links. Please feel free to contribute more recent fits or even old fits. 1 2 Some old entries from the previous thread:
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
C'mon guys - its not that hard to contribute to this. I didn't understand the hate when I tried a thread like this either.
img1037yq0.jpg
dsc00473qv9.jpg
P9022621.jpg
3490671894_72f10db2d0.jpg
And still my favorite waywt of all time
yfyf-2008-11-01-re.jpg

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I guess it's pretty subjective... Also, I actually had a tough time finding SW&D pics since most of the ones I saved were actually M.C. Here are some of my favorites for various reasons... Either the cut, or overall styling, or use of different colors, etc...
pNo7y.jpg
hSJMc.jpg
ngG77.jpg
f7TUg.jpg
pdKYw.jpg
XQ4li.jpg
x1xQb.jpg
e2sL3.jpg
ledLm.jpg
Recky.jpg
SSxE7.jpg
3cDOg.jpg
QIT7I.jpg
iiaFC.jpg
hUnND.jpg
dAfcK.jpg
hp5j8.jpg
mTOIe.jpg
IiK8J.jpg
7C94G.jpg

Originally Posted by Lel
IMG_4422%20-%20Version%202.jpg
Not surprised that Band makes the only well fitting corduroy jacket I've seen.
QYELe.jpg
v5YoI.jpg

Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
A lot of my favorite fits have non-working pics. Oh well
wayw0826.jpg
wayw1011.jpg
DSCN7491.jpg
DSC_1079.jpg
DSC_0014_2.jpg
DSC_0077.jpg
DSC_0169.jpg
DSC_0432.jpg
DSC_0104.jpg
DSC_0292.jpg
92072120.jpg
93650907.jpg
IMG_5459.jpg
IMG_5462.jpg
IMG_5465.jpg
ClothingShots217.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg
xBoston3November08011.jpg
tuesday-3.jpg
clones.jpg
monday-6.jpg
wawytyesssyt2.jpg
waywtyeskjdohx1.jpg
KZDPXBTEU.jpg
FgzStuAAm.jpg
2680959206_2d89b3dbb0.jpg
photo-76-1.jpg
n8103010_35837453_4511.jpg
IMG_3884.jpg
any interest in part 2?

Originally Posted by Lel
Too lazy to separate Sufu from SF.
U2sBj.jpg
kzhb6.jpg
4TDUS.jpg
sIi9Q.jpg
JMjaG.jpg
63zD5.jpg
iDLW4.jpg
4EnYY.jpg
nZEZs.jpg
brsVM.png
uT0pD.jpg
DHTdf.jpg
tFZnK.jpg
fVlq1.jpg
bBOKd.jpg
Gl92Q.jpg

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I'm not claiming to be an arbiter of style, but I spent some time browsing the older posts in this thread tonight and here are some of my favorites from the first 150 pages or so (second half of '07).
WDYWT240707.jpg
DSCN7283.jpg
Martin-280707-II.jpg
sh-jr.jpg
img0646lz7.jpg
805.jpg
SF174.jpg
wdwt101a.jpg
5z5y9tz.jpg
bf04.jpg

PinkPantser;1520790 said:

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a definitely a lot of good stuff from older members that many current members haven't even seen, I just wish that all the old links weren't dead but I'll still try to dig up some goodies from the first and second WAYWT threads.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
this is a great thread idea. thanks for putting this together
is this supposed to be a place where only sf waywt pics are cross-posted? the thread says 'Best of WAYWT / favoriate fits' and i recall seeing a few pics in the main thread from style blogs

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted all the non-SF fits, some of which were from SuFU and just too good in general and some of which were in response to a question (the context was lost when I had to re-host a bunch of pictures to imgur, or couldn't quote posts, etc).

kwoyeu

Reaction score
yeah i think it was be a good idea to allow non-sf pics if this is a place to which newbies are directed for what constitutes 'sf aesthetics'

love this look, the cuffing is so good
hSJMc.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
yeah i think it was be a good idea to allow non-sf pics if this is a place to which newbies are directed for what constitutes 'sf aesthetics'

I think that anything that's not a photo shoot is fine, the point is to show real people wearing real outfits and there's a large pool that exists outside of WAYWT. Most of the original posts credited the original user too but those got lost along the way here. Another point I wanted to emphasize was the diversity of what constitutes as a good fit, and how an SF aesthetic isn't just simply AA/APC/Clarks everyday. Some of the older stuff really shows how tastes has shifted slightly (for instance, there's a LOT more designer talk currently than ever before).

Also I think what would help is a short description of *why* some people like fits, even if its a quick one. There are certain fits I included precisely because they were outside my own style, and while I may never wear them I appreciate that other people can pull off other styles.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Would it make sense to toss in a couple of WAYWT contest winners?

Wish some of those old-timers (e.g., braidkid, socal, saucemaster) still posted here.

Racove

Reaction score
nice. would like to see some more recent highlights though.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Would it make sense to toss in a couple of WAYWT contest winners? Wish some of those old-timers (e.g., braidkid, socal, saucemaster) still posted here.
One step ahead of you.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Leonard Leroy:
waywtstetson.jpg

Originally Posted by LA Guy
A. Saucemaster
wayw0222.jpg

MrXdm.jpg
Cl3xZ.jpg
Snake has a tendency to bring the oddness of a lot of goth ninja brands to a widely accepted level. This is a terrible way of phrasing it but it's a "safe" way of wearing goth ninja, a lot of the fits are reminiscent of basic simple fits but with more interesting details and fabric. A lot of MCers hated on this fit for the lack of structure but that's precisely why it works so well. Boot tuck and fingerless gloves are details that usually can mess up a fit but here they're spot on.
u70ne.jpg
0HTab.jpg
What can I say? It's my favorite fit and it has a lot of personality. To some people it may just seem sloppy or lazy, but it's a fit thats easy to wear and easy to look good in. The kind of fit you can just throw on in a second if you're in a rush and don't want to bother with all the meticulous steps of actually getting dressed. This is a fit that probably five different people could wear and yet all look differently, it depends so much on the small details (shoe tuck, cock bib, beanie, etc) from making it look utterly bland. On a personal level, sometimes you feel a little odd because you're over dressed and with a fit like this no one would probably even notice (which is good in my eyes) and it's nice break from skinny jeans. Plus, it just looks comfortable to wear. A+
IMG_1754.jpg
IMG_1756.jpg
Junya is one of those awesome perfect-for-SW&D brands that no one wears, so I'm glad scott is repping it. Aside from the fact that scott fits perfectly into the aesthetic, Junya is just one of those designers that can work crazy patterns and colors without visually overloading an outfit. I consider Junya a true genius designer especially after seeing MBD's fit with the army jacket that was transformed into a skirt.
4317723400_d59ee717c4.jpg
Just an all around solid fit. While nothing is revolutionary, this is a good simple basic fit. People take note of this and compare it to the mediocre fits that everyone hails as "simple basics" and see how they differ.
3930563634_ca2feee513_o.jpg
Same as above.
4TDUS.jpg
Way too good, like inspirational good. I don't even need to explain why this is so good, but I will sure as hell try to replicate this look someday.
sIi9Q.jpg
Only pic I could find of chris, otherwise I'd be posting a lot more of his fits here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads