• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Official Alden Customization Thread **

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Creating this thread for Alden enthusiasts who would like to customize their Alden's and get positive feedback about their ideas to help further this great brand. We will also discuss the best resources to get these modifications performed and where to acquire the base models that will allow for the most expression of your own ideas.

Time to step outside the box!

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Feel free to post your pictures and ideas!

I am currently working with Alden of Carmel and randy the cobbler to bring two new creations to life .

A classic brown calf long wing that will be modified with a red light commando sole, white midsole, and all gunmetal eyelets with red laces.

Also, a color 8 shell cordovan plain toe boot. Converted to an off white ripple vibram sole, antique edge, all silver eyelets and white pull tabs.

Cheers

Doc Carr

Alden of Carmel

Reaction score
Hey Doc

Pretty fashion forward. Looking forward to those.

I'll kick it off with my favorite photo from Randy.

Last edited:

marvaments

Reaction score
Would it be possible to buy something from Alden of Carmel and have things forwarded straight to Randy for modifications? Looking for a color 8 wingtip boot to get a brass eyelet antique edging treatment.

inn8chiro

Reaction score
@Alden of Carmel yes sir that is what I did there should be a link on the website @marvaments

Alden of Carmel

Reaction score
Would it be possible to buy something from Alden of Carmel and have things forwarded straight to Randy for modifications? Looking for a color 8 wingtip boot to get a brass eyelet antique edging treatment.

Yes, we can do that. I would probably only recommend this (sending direct from our shop to Randy) for someone who is quite familiar with Alden shoes (fit, color variations, small anomalies, etc.)

For those who have less experience and familiarity with Alden shoes, I would advise receiving the shoes/boots yourself first. This preserves the option of exchanging the shoes/boots if the shoes/boots aren't what you expected.

If any questions, please PM or e-mail me [email protected]

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score
Stoked on this new thread and new customization possibilities.

@inn8chiro Still bummed my feet are too big for your Walter boots. It's a test of my waning patience:)

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a nice new thread. Thanks for setting it up.

marvaments

Reaction score
Yes, we can do that. I would probably only recommend this (sending direct from our shop to Randy) for someone who is quite familiar with Alden shoes (fit, color variations, small anomalies, etc.)

For those who have less experience and familiarity with Alden shoes, I would advise receiving the shoes/boots yourself first. This preserves the option of exchanging the shoes/boots if the shoes/boots aren't what you expected.

If any questions, please PM or e-mail me [email protected]
Sounds good, I will touch base with Randy.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Follow me on IG inn8chiro
And aldenofcarmel

inn8chiro

Reaction score

My contribution:

Alden for Unionmade Nattxy CXL McCoppin NST Boot
Brass hardware and Dr. Sole half sole/heel added

Damn those look great my friend!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads