1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Affiliate Thread: Roden Gray

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RodenGray, Sep 3, 2008.

1. th0rbahn

th0rbahn Senior member

holy crap
    that's epic for someone who was considering a buy/of the appropriate size

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Roden Gray bring the value.

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

We do still have a few sizes left in stock. We have an 11 just for you, Jamie. [​IMG]

Great sale. I'm also curious what sizes of the perforated whites you had left? I'm also interested in the Wings + Horns White Low Sneakers. What does the 7.5 equate to in Euro sizing. I'm trying to compare them to my CP size (which is a 41) as I hear they run similar. Thanks!

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

What does the 7.5 equate to in Euro sizing. I'm trying to compare them to my CP size (which is a 41) as I hear they run similar. Thanks!
    The 7.5 is a European 40. If they were a 41, they would've been long gone [​IMG]

5. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

[​IMG] Take note of the 20% off of the Brown W+H Boots!

6. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

Great sale. I'm also curious what sizes of the perforated whites you had left? I'm also interested in the Wings + Horns White Low Sneakers. What does the 7.5 equate to in Euro sizing. I'm trying to compare them to my CP size (which is a 41) as I hear they run similar. Thanks!

The Wings + Horns sneakers fit identical to Common Projects. At the moment we don't have a 41 in the W+H Low White Perforated but we do have them in Black.

Brian

7. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

W+H Shoe Inventory:

Black Boots:

Brown Boots:

High Top Grey:

High Top Black:

High Top White:

Low Top White:

Low Black:

Brian

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Are the Wings+Horns boots sold by Roden Gray different than those sold by other dealers? A person on styleforum and another on hyrcollective has claimed that Roden does additional distressing beyond what was originally done by Dayton/W+H. Urban legend or true? Here is one of the posts I'm talking about.... http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=378

9. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thanks for the quote.

I was repeating information on hyrcollective, and seeing as hyrcollective and roden gray are pretty close, I gave the claim due credit.

Same boot with distressing.

Due to the leather, if you scuff them the much lighter colours will show underneath. Mine have already started this process.

I have mine from farinellis and would say the roden gray distressing makes them look even awesomer, I would have got them if I had not already given my word to Mauro.

11. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

Very true. One of our guys, Chris, did additional distressing using soft wet sandpaper to the boots that we received.

Are the Wings+Horns boots sold by Roden Gray different than those sold by other dealers? A person on styleforum and another on hyrcollective has claimed that Roden does additional distressing beyond what was originally done by Dayton/W+H.

Urban legend or true?

Here is one of the posts I'm talking about....
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=378

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

is there additional distressing on the black pairs as well?

13. djh

djh Senior member

Leather on the black (charcoal, really) ones is already pre-distressed a little. At least it was true for the ones I had from FW08.

14. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Two questions regarding your Geller stock

-Do you have any Marcello frames lying around and does the discount apply?
    -Will you be getting the blue leathers in?

15. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

is there additional distressing on the black pairs as well?

We didn't do any additional distressing to the black boots.

16. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

Two questions regarding your Geller stock -Do you have any Marcello frames lying around and does the discount apply? -Will you be getting the blue leathers in?
    We don't have any Geller frames left in stock and our only shipment for Geller this season was t-shirts, glasses, and shoes. Kind of a bummer.

17. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Do you guys have any Odyn Vovk tanks left in a size small?

18. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Can I make a suggestion? If you guys do any additional distressing in-store to products in the future, would you please make that clear in this thread and also on your blog?

I don't think it's right to modify a manufacturer's product without making that totally obvious to buyers up front. How would you feel if you bought a new car from a dealer and later found out the engine had been modified by the dealer in order to give it more power?

I would assume you guys do this because you feel it makes the product look better and helps differentiate Roden from the other stores carrying the same product. If that's the case, then why not advertise this fact and explain why Roden's version is better?

19. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Wings and Horns is literally 15 minutes from the Roden Gray store and everyone is obviously pretty close and know what's going on. The car analogy isn't really apt. More like you buy a new car from the dealership next to the factory and find out that they sell a version of the car that dealers nationally don't receive. Whether someone does distressing at W+H or 15 minutes away, with all parties in the know, doesn't make much difference. They're still wings + horns service boots, not "wings + horns service boots as improved upon by one of their dealers".

20. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

It wouldn't hurt to be more clear about it, though. Most customers probably aren't expecting the products to be altered in any way, and rightly so, since it really hasn't been advertised as such in any of their blog posts.

Also, in the case of the Wings and Horns bomber, the extra wash actually affected the sizing, according to Brian. This wasn't made clear on the Roden Gray Web site; I personally didn't know about it until Brian's follow-up post to Fok's sizing recommendation.