• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Affiliate Thread: Roden Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbro

Reaction score
I had an issue recently and didn't find their email replies to be prompt (or helpful) at all, but they were helpful when I called.

Lendo

Reaction score
After 2 calls, left a message with a girl in the store to have the online folks deal with the issue. Got the $ refunded today, just bummed as i'd really liked the item i ordered.

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Yeah, same experience as Brinbro. I've never had much success in getting a timely response via email. Calling is the best way to get in touch with them if you are having issues. Bummer to hear about that, man.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Sent a email to them regarding measurements last few days and haven heard from them yet..

Brinbro

Reaction score
Wow. Whomever is running (or, in my case, not running) their online ordering needs to get their head out of their ass I feel like I was just **** on the equivalent of ordering a burger and fries at the McDonald's drive-thru, getting home, opening up the bag to see that they forgot the fries.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel the same exact way. I ordered a pair of shoes and a tee. No shipping confirmation. Called them, they said that my order was in but they were missing the tee. ****, not a big deal. Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or been charged. I hope they don't put my shoes in somebody elses order.

Fortysomething

Reaction score

Feel the same exact way. I ordered a pair of shoes and a tee. No shipping confirmation. Called them, they said that my order was in but they were missing the tee. ****, not a big deal. Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or been charged. I hope they don't put my shoes in somebody elses order.

Have not had good luck with them. When the LVC 501 & 505s were on sale, their website was messed up and after emailing them they said they were sold out! The ironic thing was that they still had 505s on the site but couldn't select them either! As of now, not a fan.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Fycus: hope you didn't try ordering Blanc & Noir shoes.

I don't know how much I want to disparage a store on here publicly, but to offer me a 10% discount - of which they had already given me before what happened today since *********** up on this order like 4 times - is a joke. It's a slap in the face to me, since I read someone on here receiving a 20% discount when all they had to deal with was a ******* item being not in stock when they ordered? I wish I could post the whole thing it's a pretty epic failure in terms of communications, logistics, etc.

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah I ordered some common projects tourney lows. They said they had them when I called to ask them what was up, so hopefully they set them aside. The real downer is that my card is now charged, but I never heard back regarding my partial refund on the t-shirt that was missing, as my card was charged the full amount. I just wish that they charge the amount that is actually for in stock items, as they notified me beforehand that the shirt is out of stock. It seems weird that they would tell me its out of stock, and still charge me the full amount. Could be worse I guess, still a great deal hopefully it'll clear up.

Brinbro

Reaction score
I will order from them again, because they stock some of my favorite brands, but I made it pretty obvious I was not at all happy with what happened. I just don't understand how some of these places are run - if I did the equivalent of what happened to me today in my job, I would be fired - and to hear it seems pretty common to some degree is disappointing. Why do I feel like with every one of these online stores, bar a few, that you have to lower your expectations? What exactly are these people doing at work? If you're not checking stock, removing the RIGHT ITEM TO BE SHIPPED, issuing refunds - then what the **** are they doing for 8 hours a day? It's not that hard. This is in general, not just RG, because I still think they're one of the better online stores out there, but I'm just angry and disappointed more in how I was treated than I am about losing out on a pair of shoes.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rodent gray's online ordering sucks ... I got an email saying they will not ship my order because some items were on hold for another customer. In that case why would you not take it down ?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone who actually been in the store and seen this:

lmc-f11-Ruler-Straight.jpg

Levi's denim Moody Blue

J/W how try are the colors to the real thing.

Need measurements for size 30... should call

Does it look as ****** as this, similar name:

http://www.zappos.com/levis-made-crafted-ruler-straight-in-moody-blue

Last edited:

Gagno905

Reaction score
RG has always, always been great to me in the past but lately they haven't been responding to emails and the ordering seems to just suck. Maybe someone should be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads