1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Affiliate Thread: Roden Gray

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RodenGray, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Black Friday in Canada is the first Friday after the last Hockey game of the season.

2. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Anyone in the US get hit by customs? Ordered a Stark, hope I don't have to pay any extra.

3. 13k

13k Senior member

From what I've seen is no. I placed an order as well, Rob from RG called me to confirm order and I paid a little extra to have it shipped faster to me before I head out of town for Thanksgiving...

4. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Senior member

I didn't when I ordered a Gitman shirt from RG, but I think the general rule is anyone can get hit by customs.

5. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

i have never heard of anyone being hit by customs from USPS (so canadapost/royal mail/EMS/etc..). I have never heard of their overnight service though, so I always just get Xpresspost.

6. skyline

skyline Senior member

+1. multiple orders with RG, never got a customs bill

7. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

You are correct! The purolator next day air service is great, unfortunately US customs have seemed to be far more vigilant with deliveries via this service and we see customs charges more often. If you don't mind waiting the extra couple of days, we recommend the Xpresspost service for overall value.

8. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

Hi there, I was wondering if you could provide measurements on the size 32 3sixteen denim "st-100x"? They've recently slightly changed their styles, so I wanted to be sure of what I was ordering (particularly with the exchange/credit only policy on sale items). :D Thanks so much and sorry for any inconvenience!

9. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Anyone have order and/or customer service issues with these guys lately? I'd emailed at least 3 times from 2 different email addresses about a stock question, and never heard back from them. Placed an order on Feb 1st, the payment was never accepted and is still on hold. I sent a follow up email to info@rodengray.com and was told they'd sent me an email saying the item was out of stock, i never got an email from them about that. They asked if i'd like a refund, i said yes and have yet to have the payment refunded, i called the store an left a message, never heard back from them.

10. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

call again. once you get someone on the phone , they are very helpful

11. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I had an issue recently and didn't find their email replies to be prompt (or helpful) at all, but they were helpful when I called.

12. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

After 2 calls, left a message with a girl in the store to have the online folks deal with the issue. Got the $ refunded today, just bummed as i'd really liked the item i ordered.

13. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Senior member

Yeah, same experience as Brinbro. I've never had much success in getting a timely response via email. Calling is the best way to get in touch with them if you are having issues. Bummer to hear about that, man.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

wrong thread

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  15. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Sent a email to them regarding measurements last few days and haven heard from them yet..

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Like it's mentioned above, just call them

17. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Wow. Whomever is running (or, in my case, not running) their online ordering needs to get their head out of their ass I feel like I was just shit on the equivalent of ordering a burger and fries at the McDonald's drive-thru, getting home, opening up the bag to see that they forgot the fries.

18. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Feel the same exact way. I ordered a pair of shoes and a tee. No shipping confirmation. Called them, they said that my order was in but they were missing the tee. Fuck, not a big deal. Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or been charged. I hope they don't put my shoes in somebody elses order.

19. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

Have not had good luck with them. When the LVC 501 & 505s were on sale, their website was messed up and after emailing them they said they were sold out! The ironic thing was that they still had 505s on the site but couldn't select them either! As of now, not a fan.

20. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Fycus: hope you didn't try ordering Blanc & Noir shoes.

I don't know how much I want to disparage a store on here publicly, but to offer me a 10% discount - of which they had already given me before what happened today since they fucked up on this order like 4 times - is a joke. It's a slap in the face to me, since I read someone on here receiving a 20% discount when all they had to deal with was a fucking item being not in stock when they ordered? I wish I could post the whole thing it's a pretty epic failure in terms of communications, logistics, etc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.