• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2021 College Football Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else excited about the start of the college football season? Huge game this Saturday night between Georgia and Clemson. A lot of people are saying that this is finally Georgia's year. I have no rooting interest, but think it would be nice to see another school break the Alabama-Clemson duopoly. I'll believe it when I see it.

jack webb

Reaction score
Anyone else excited about the start of the college football season? Huge game this Saturday night between Georgia and Clemson. A lot of people are saying that this is finally Georgia's year. I have no rooting interest, but think it would be nice to see another school break the Alabama-Clemson duopoly. I'll believe it when I see it.
I know little about college football but enjoy tuning in to experience, if only vicariously, the energy and excitement of 100,000 fans crammed into a stadium cheering their team on. (The frequent shots of coeds in the stands are tolerable too.) And of course it's always fun on Sunday morning to scan the results and see which ranked teams got toppled, and which unranked ones pulled off major upsets. Odd that this most manly of games is scored like figure skating. The players play, then the coaches/writers/whomever decide who they think is best in the nation, second best, third best, etc.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm very, very stoked about football being back. I had a lot of trouble getting into last season - it was probably my least-watched season in decades - but I'm here for it this year.

Regarding our chances, as a fan of sports in Georgia in general, I know better than to ever utter the words "this is our year," but I'm very excited to see what my Dawgs might do this season.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m very intrigued by how Georgia performs in the other games ahead.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Clemson looks like hot garbage without Barbie and Etienne.
  • Alabama is a ruthless, remorseless killing machine.
  • Oklahoma: still can't play any defense, and Rattler looked less than advertised.
  • Ohio State: Their young QB settled down in the second half and looked really sharp after a tough second quarter. Everyone knew that their receivers were the best in college football, but they also busted out two absolute studs at running back that nobody knew about and probably the best O-Line in cfb. Their defense though is iffy. Still, from what I saw this weekend probably the best chance of upending another Alabama championship if they can improve the defense.
  • Rutgers under Schiano is not going to be a pushover. Are they going to challenge Ohio State? No, but Michigan and Penn State better look out.
  • Texas is not back. They've been underperforming mediocrities since the late 70s with the exception of the Young/McCoy years. Beating Louisiana does not change that.
  • LSU: You probably shouldn't be running school colors smack at opposing fans when one of your colors is purple.
  • There are more than a few COVID fraud teams that looked good last year but are being exposed in a normal year.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loving this Oregon/Buckeyes game.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I got some things right (Texas) and some wrong. Ohio State's defense is god awful. No way could they stay on the field with Bama.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It feels so right to watch the Sooners play the Huskers.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, it's Georgia's year. Bulldogs fans, you can say it.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Georgia do it tonight? I think they have the better overall team, but Alabama has the much better quarterback. And I will believe that Georgia can beat Alabama when I actually see it happen.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can Georgia do it tonight? I think they have the better overall team, but Alabama has the much better quarterback. And I will believe that Georgia can beat Alabama when I actually see it happen.

As an obnoxious, diehard UGA, I have been repeating your last sentence to everyone who asks your first question.

I'm a UGA man, but I'm also a man of numbers. We can quibble about the teams relative strengths, but you can't argue with Saban's success against us. I'll be up late tonight cheering on the Dawgs, but I do not expect a win.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great game. I can't imagine what it's like for a fan of one of these teams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads