1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official 2015-2016 college football thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Jun 11, 2015.

1. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Edina, you work with words like Michelangelo worked with marble.

2. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

It's like I'm looking at a pulverized WW I battleground when I try to read this.

2 people like this.
  4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Man fuck all yall bitch-ass bitches.

1 person likes this.
  5. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
  6. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

8. edinatlanta

why are you guys upset about Smart? And muschamp is a good DC just not a good HC. If he can control his hot head which he probably can't.

1 person likes this.
  9. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

Because you don't fire someone like Richt and then hire someone with zero HC experience. I don't agree with canning Richt in the first place, but by getting rid of him, you're signaling that your metric for success is championships (since that's the only thing he didn't deliver reliably). If you're a team that perceives itself that way, you don't go after the guy who is completely unproven; you go after the closest thing you can find to a guaranteed upgrade.

As far as Muschamp, from a sentimental fan perspective, hiring a turncoat is unpalatable. However, more importantly, as an alum and someone who cares about the Xs and Os, I don't like the idea of a hotheaded meathead as a representative of my alma mater, and the most recent evidence we have related to his skills as a DC does not point to him being "good." Auburn's defense was awful this season, and I don't see how we can expect different results at Georgia. Also, we currently have a fantastic DC on staff, and we should be looking at ways to keep him (though there are rumors he's being looked at for a HC position).

10. edinatlanta

Eh. His stints with LSU/Miami/Auburn pt 1 point to him being good and his defenses at Florida also show he's got a good defensive mind but I do think it makes no sense to replace Pruitt unless Smart thinks he can work much better with Muschamp although both seem tough to deal with.

I think Smart was probably one of the better options but Fuente was probably the best. Maybe this will herald a return of classic SEC-style football!

11. edinatlanta

Also I hope I didn't sound confrontational. I think you guys did about as good as you could maybe.

12. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

I've been expecting Smart to go but I don't think this is a good move for either party. at least the east is down so much that he won't have to go balls out his first year. He's probably gonna flip a lot of recruits so he can SMD. Fuuuuuuuu

As far as Muschamp goes...I have no idea why people fluff him so much. He was mediocre at Texas, left Florida in shambles, and hasn't really done shit at Auburn, even though a good part of that lies on Gus for running such a soft program. At any rate, Boom got some reputation at Texas that I think was based on his antics more than his actual skills. His antics are getting worse and his skills are heading the same direction. Clown shoes.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Who else could Georgia have gotten? In the past, they could have gone after successful head coaches at second-tier programs like Gary Patterson or Art Briles, but I think those guys are locked up for awhile with large buyouts.

14. edinatlanta

Richt heading home to Miami

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Is he head coach? I thought he wants to be more hands on, and recruit less. Thought he'd be a OC or something

16. ReubenR

ReubenR Well-Known Member

Goodnight sweet Coach, and may flights of middle-aged men bark thee to thy rest.

17. edinatlanta

18. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

^ Congratulations on going bowling.

19. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Clemson's punter going rogue. Lol

1 person likes this.
  20. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

With apologies to fans of conferences that don't believe in defense, this Iowa Michigan State game is fantastic.