• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2014 College Football Season Thread

Which Team Will Win the First Post-BCS, Non-Mythical FBS National Title?

• Free Shoes U

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bammers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chokelahoma

• Wear Nike, Orweregonna Stop Giving You Money

• The Barners

• Nohio State

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not USC, the Other LA College

• Every Wolverine's Backup School

• Cocks

• Does Anyone Care Enough About Baylor to Mock Them?

• 'Furd

• Greatest Team Ever in the History of College Football (aka The Only Team that Matters)

• LS Who?

• Wisky (not the good kind)

• USC West

• Clem's Son

• Manti Te'o's Girlfriend's Favorite Team

• All Slut U

• Ole (Seriously, Y'all Are Still Sort of Racist) Miss

• Johnny Manziel's Old Team

• A Kansas Team, but Not the Basketball One

• No, Seriously, What's a Cornhusker?

• Token Basketball School from NC

• Orange UT, But Not the SEC One

• UDub Fake Dawgs

• Other (AKA I'm a Delusional Fan of a Team No One Else Thinks is Any Good)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A new season deserves a new thread, so I'll get things going the right way.

Please take a moment to vote in the poll.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]​

[COLOR=FF0000]G[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]O[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]D[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]A[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]W[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]G[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]S[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]SIC[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]'EM[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]WOOF[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]WOOF[/COLOR]

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. My only prediction is that my predictions will become worthless by the end of the season.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Incorrect. I did '12. In fact, much of my OP in this thread was copied from that one.

I waited to see if you'd start one. You didn't, and kickoff is two weeks away. There's always next year!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just hope Georgia can get through a season without a grab bag of freak ACL injuries.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I start these threaks. Have for like 3 years.

Incorrect. I did '12. In fact, much of my OP in this thread was copied from that one.

I waited to see if you'd start one. You didn't, and kickoff is two weeks away. There's always next year!

I also started one, maybe in 2010.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just hope Georgia can get through a season without a grab bag of freak ACL injuries.

It can't happen two years in a row, right? RIGHT!?

Virginia Tech, dark horse.

How are the Hokies gonna look this season? It's always weird to me to see them unranked.

I can't wait for the first real game of this season on Thursday, August 28.

6QyyHRI.jpg

It's not a coincidence that the poll closes at midnight on the 27th. I wanted to make sure no one had the benefit of seeing any teams that matter play before voting.

Does Ed know you and I are heading to the ATL this week?

Last edited:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It can't happen two years in a row, right? RIGHT!?
How are the Hokies gonna look this season? It's always weird to me to see them unranked.
It's not a coincidence that the poll closes at midnight on the 27th. I wanted to make sure no one had the benefit of seeing any teams that matter play before voting.

It will likely be more of the same from the last 2 years. The QB position is still unsettled and I don't know of any big play makers on offense. We do have a relatively easy schedule though, so we may do alright. Just a lot of unknowns right now.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No. Ed does not. Must have missed an FB post from you about that.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It will likely be more of the same from the last 2 years. The QB position is still unsettled and I don't know of any big play makers on offense. We do have a relatively easy schedule though, so we may do alright. Just a lot of unknowns right now.

Did you guys really manage to avoid FSU and Clemson from the other division? That's a huge gift.

How many sub-10-win seasons until Beamer starts to feel his seat warm up? It's two in a row right now, right?

No. Ed does not. Must have missed an FB post from you about that.

Weird. It was a popular post. Lots of comments.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Going to your profile now and--hey! Wait!

Th, Friday are the only good days for me and I'd prefer not on Friday.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you guys really manage to avoid FSU and Clemson from the other division? That's a huge gift.

How many sub-10-win seasons until Beamer starts to feel his seat warm up? It's two in a row right now, right?

Yeah avoiding those two will help tremendously.

As far as sub-10 seasons, I think Bowden got 5 or 6 before FSU finally made a change, but I don't think Beamer will get that many. Beamer had the record of consecutive 10 win seasons (I think), so there is a certain expectation. I had forgotten until recently though that VT was 8-4 in 2001 and 8-5 in 2003, and then went on to win the ACC in 2004. I hope he can pull together a solid season to finally leave on, for his sake and the fans' sake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads