• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL Huskers!

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Arkansas score was a real surprise.

I love the way this Georgia game ended, though. I was on the edge of my seat for a while, there, too.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Michigan had one called a couple of years ago against Western Michigan, but it is very rare. That game was, oddly enough, much closer as well.

FSU and Savannah State even agreed to a running clock in the second quarter.

Why did the Michigan game get called?

tullytra

Reaction score
Turns out it was just last year. http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/update-michigan-leads-western-michigan-20-10-halftime

And at the start of the second half, the floodgates opened — literally and figuratively.

After a three-and-out by Michigan and just one minute of play in the second half, both teams went back to the locker room as rain began to pour and lightning was spotted in the area...Following about a half-hour delay, Western Michigan resumed from its own 13-yard line. And then Kovacs took over, forcing the fumble that Herron took in for the score...After four Michigan offensive plays, the rain came pouring down, sending the players back to the locker room and the fans scampering for cover for the second time.
But this time, the players didn’t come back.
About an hour later, the game was canceled due to a long line of severe weather in the area, giving Michigan the 34-10 victory. The athletic directors and coaches from both schools had a long discussion and decided that ending the game was the best option.

Michigan State looks to be the class of the Big 10. I hope they don't screw it up. After the Big 10 championship game last year, we State fans deserve to finally get to see them in the Rose Bowl.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GO DAWGS!!! Welcome to the SEC, Kitties!!!

Jarvis Jones is a beast!

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One of my cousins from Florida has a dog named Bo. I'll let you guess why :fu:
Also not looking to be a good year for Miami.

When we first got the one we ultimately named Gator, I lobbied for "Tebow" (because he's the dumbest dog ever) and "Urban Crier" (because he spent all night the first week or so we had him whining). My wife, the human Gator of the house, was not receptive.

anyone see this poor kid from Tulane break his neck?

Yeah, I saw it. Horrifying.

I've never seen a game called before. I really want to know what happens to everyone that took FSU to win by 70+. Do they get their money back since the game wasn't completed?

Yeah, it's realy baffling. We were on pace to get triple digits. I would think they'll just negate all the bets, refund them.

I saw an article that said all bets were off. Basically, they just didn't happen.

LOL Arkansas!

I know I shouldn't be happy about it, because it's not great for my team's conference, but I couldn't help but :crackup: when I saw that.

That Arkansas score was a real surprise.
I love the way this Georgia game ended, though. I was on the edge of my seat for a while, there, too.

It ended really well, and it's great to see that they can pull out a road win like that after being so flat early in the game, but it was still aggravating as hell to watch. I was certain the game was over for UGA when Mizzou got out in front early in the third. The Dawgs just looked so flat, almost like they didn't care.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At least you didn't run off and hide :happy:

MrG said:
It ended really well, and it's great to see that they can pull out a road win like that after being so flat early in the game, but it was still aggravating as hell to watch. I was certain the game was over for UGA when Mizzou got out in front early in the third. The Dawgs just looked so flat, almost like they didn't care.
Classic UGA football, huh?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

We went to a new Tex-Mex place and caught the last minute of A&M/Florida followed by the beginning of Washington/LSU. Washington really brought the heat for the first couple of minutes.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I so, SO wish Cal would have beat Ohio St.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I so, SO wish Cal would have beat Ohio St.

We should have won. Phantom holding on a TD, 2 early missed field goals, then not going for it on 4 and 1 resulting in a ******* 3rd missed field goal.

I'll just leave this here for you guys.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NC. LOL. Though to their credit, they made an amazing comeback, but looks like they'll fall short of the win.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Lol. Ohio State's defense has seem pretty suspect under Meyer. I actually think OSU is not a top-25 team, and theyre going to get exposed one of these weeks.

But how about Bama, holy **** they are on another level. Defense is incredible, and young too.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I can't say I'm surprised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads