1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MrG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

:puzzled: Not sure we watched the same guy. I saw him repeatedly try to turn the corner and get stopped. He rushed 23 times for 44 yards, with half those yards coming on one run. And II'm not sure he was sacked, so he pretty much rushed 22 times for 22 yards.
    I agree with the passing, he was overthrowing everything and looked shellshocked.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

This is how I remembered it also. I think it was well into the 2nd half before either team recorded a sack.

3. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Florida better tighten up before this game is out of reach for them to come back. They have a great defense but were one of the worst passing teams in the country this. They aren't necessarily built to come back from a big deficit.

1 person likes this.
  4. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Wow, Louisville putting the screws to Florida. NEVER expected that.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Man Florida's offense is horrible.

On the flip side, the blue jersey orange pants combo looks pretty sweet. I wish Florida would break out that color combo a little more often.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, this game is not turning out as I expected. I thought Florida would stomp Louisville, but the opposite is happening. :confused:

8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Guess Florida thought they were playing another FCS team and could play down to them. Don't think Florida is going to score two TDs in the last minute or whatever to win this one.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Agreed, I like their orange jersey and white pant combo as well. Turn out the lights, the party is over.

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Florida's kick returner is fast.

11. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

The Sugar Bowl was quite heartwarming. I had no allegiance to either team, but it is always nice to see a plucky and pathetic underdog pull off a miraculous upset like that.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Credit where credit is due: Louisville out-classed Florida in all aspects of that game - from special teams to pressuring the quarterback/overpowering Fla's offensive line, and excellent offensive pass routes to defensive backs shutting down the passing of Florida. Of all these things that stood out it was Louisville's defensive line constantly penetrating and staying so disciplined that really, to me, determined that game.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm just glad that one of the two FL teams lost.

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Try that the other way around:
    http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourte...er=Georgia+St&year=2012&method=2#.UOWbOOQgBI8

It takes twelve steps to show that Georgia St is better than Georgia, and only two to show the reverse :happy:

16. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The one Big Ten homer on my Facebook was gloating that the "Big Ten beat the spread in five out of seven games."

If you have to look at the results against the spread, your conference sucks. Sorry. I responded with "^stuff losers say." I don't think he'll be happy.

4 people like this.
  17. edinatlanta

Suck my nutz.

Shall we compare the SEC record vis-a-vis the ACC this year? (And I'll be generous and not include Louisville in the ACC).

Losers.

1 person likes this.
  18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Man, I hope it's going to be a good game tonight, because it's a very, very interesting match-up.

19. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Vandy beat NC State, Clemson beat LSU. That's it for the head to head unless I missed one. ACC is 4-2 overall, SEC is 3-3 with three more to play. Not seeing so much of the bragging rights there.

Not going to bother with the regular season, but the last week pretty much speaks volumes. Georgia crushed GT, FSU lost to Florida, SC beat Clemson. All the "top" ACC teams got killed.

1 person likes this.
  20. edinatlanta

Suck my nutz.