1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MrG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

Agreed. Regardless of whether or not my team wins, this has been a phenomenal football game.

+1

I can't take much more of this!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm on pins and needles. Love this.

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

WTF? Spike the ball and throw it twice into the endzone!

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. What just happened here? Shouldn't have ended this way.

5. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Such a frustrating end. Great game, though.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

without a doubt... gave themselves no chance to win and sacrificed at least one more shot at the end zone... smh

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Those motherfuckers had better beat Notre Dame is all I'm going to say.

Still bullshit that UGA will end up playing in the Capital One Bowl (probably) when we were one play away from playing for the championship. Only in the SEC would that happen. We obviously showed we can play with the big boys with that one, soft schedule or no.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

My guess is that it was because A&M beat Alabama by keeping them on their heels.

Still, that's the best football game I've seen in years. Sucks to lose it, but that holy shit that was insane to watch.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Yeah sucks to lose but there's no shame in that game. Wish the D had held up better against the run but we gave it everything we had and came as close as you can get.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

It will be the Cotton Bowl, but I agree with the sentiment, even as I'm doing my best not to be a sore loser. It would have been one thing if the SEC loser had gotten pushed around, but it really stings that Georgia was thisclose to taking the SEC only to wind up out of a BCS bowl while a team they beat goes to one. As much as I thought that idea kind of sucked before, I think it's completely indefensible now.

11. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Senior member

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I don't know Oregon State's record that year, but that kind of thing is pretty common. Rutgers is probably going to go to a relatively shitty bowl this year instead of a BCS bowl, because the Big East blows. Hell, Georgia Tech could swing between the Orange Bowl and not playing in a bowl game period this year. Maybe the severity of the drop is unusual, but that doesn't even rank (IMO) compared to dropping from ten seconds away from a BCS Championship shot to the Cotton Bowl. Especially when you lose in a conference championship game (not regular season like that one you mentioned) and get beat out for a BCS bid by a team that lost to you and is in your division.

I wouldn't have traded positions with Florida, but it still sucks.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Wisconsin is off to a good start against Nebraska. Game just started and the score is 14 to zip. I'd like to see the Cornhuskers win this one.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

No game that good should end with the losing team on the field watching the clock run out.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeah, that was gut wrenching. It took me a second to figure out why no one was doing anything as the clock ran down. Then they showed Murray's face, and the look he had made me realize they were helpless.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Wisconsin is rolling all over Nebraska. Half-time score 42-10.

17. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Hey guys, we found the jet of the College Football thread, and he happens to be an Alabama fan.

Tide Baby, Tide!

Douche.

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Also, from Saban:

""It would be a crying shame if Georgia doesn't get to go to a BCS bowl game. They played a tremendous game out there. That was a great football game, by both teams. It came right down to the last play."

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The three-and-out possession up 28-25 is going to haunt Georgia for a long, long time. At the very least, you need to take time off the clock and flip field position.

20. habanos

habanos Senior member

Roll Tide Smith!! What a great game, down to the wire. Dawg fans should be mad at Bobo for being Bobo. Ga. has some great talent and almost won it. Either way the SEC is dominant again. This is the best GA team I have seen in at least 5 years and was probably Mark's only chance at holding crystal. Mr. G there is no reason to slam Bama bringing up Harvey and the teabagger. Ga. has regular problems with players like Crowell and the drunk guy who broke in a girls apartment to pass out drunk on her couch a few years back. It was nice to see Russ with his jersey and red collar today moving into his mascot role.