1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MrG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

This conference alignment shit is getting out of control. Looks like Georgia Tech may be going to the Big 10. The ACC is effectively the new Big East.

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

I bet. Does it really last that long? What do people talk about for three months?

I have to imagine it gets like this anywhere that has major/popular sports teams, but it has really reached a fever pitch this year. People were excited before last year's SECCG, but it wasn't like this, mostly because Georgia wasn't basically guaranteed at trip to the NCG if they won.

This rumor has been flying around for a while, but nothing has come of it. Now there's a flurry of talk about it again. Tech, of course, is vehemently denying it. I'm curious to see what it would mean for the rest of the teams in the ACC.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

That would help get us on the road to 4 super-conferences needed to do a true playoff.

Yes - the deby prep season starts in earnest in late Feb - people follow 2 year olds basically starting with the Breder's cup juvie, then the 3yo season beings with the following spring. I play a fantasy league to keep up so I know the horses ... it's not AS intense that early, but it's a constant buildup... plus Keenland is in season then.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Woody Hayes clip is AWESOME!! Love ol' Woody!

Lane is not impressed... is it just me or does he bear a pretty strong resemblance to Daniel Tosh??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

6. Kid Nickels

[​IMG] 27

[​IMG] 24

:brick: :censored: :brick:

7. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

That was a hell of a game, one of the best I have seen this season.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Wait, so if Tech bolts the ACC, who's gonna be left? UM, FSU, and VT? What the fuck???

9. Kid Nickels

damn it I know... it was a great game, but the one interception and that busted drive at the end they just couldn't get it done. Cardinal defense held strong but Bruins just had to sustain the drive, milk the clock, TD, then Rose Bowl!! I was really looking forward to being at that game... ugh.

but hey we beat USC so it's still a good year!

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

True, but I still don't know where I fall on that idea. I still like to have at least some sense of regionalism in my college football. I think it's cool that there's a quantifiable difference in the way difference conferences play football.

That's crazy. I don't know much about racing, so it's easy for me to forget that there's a whole lot more to it than just the races we see on TV. It is interesting to me how into it people in Kentucky get. I have a couple of friends, including my best friend, who moved to Lexington as adults, and it was like they were bestowed with an exhaustive knowledge of horse racing the moment they got a local address.

Clemson and the basketball schools.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Good point. They should really be doing something more constructive with their time. Maybe they could destroy a rival's cherished landmark. Or perhaps they could head to the local Krystal and teabag someone. Or, if they want to actually contribute to the team, they could award the Dawgs retroactive and/or non-consensus MNCs.

3 people like this.
  12. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Please don't do anything to harm yourself when Alabama wins the SEC championship this afternoon.

13. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

FSU will not be in the ACC for long. I give it two years at most. They've never had a good relationship.

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

adsmith4, this thread as well as the football threads before used to be refreshingly different from the usual college football forums - until you came along. Now, if your douchebag attitude persists and spreads we will having nothing but one of hundreds of typical football discussions that are populated by mouthbreathers who constantly degrade any sober discussion with you cockiness, homerism, and pot-shots at other teams.

4 people like this.
  15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The same with Bloomington and Indianapolis this time of year, especially this year.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Haven't heard this. This would not be good news for the Big 10.

17. Kid Nickels

ughhh... after Rutgers and Maryland.. then GT? wtf?

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I think it's a matter of time before the original 10 schools start considering other conference options. It would be hard to leave BiG because of revenue sharing, the BiG tv network revenue, and the strong academic collaboration, but with the right price offered by another conference it's not inconceivable.

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

SEC Championship Game is as good as advertised. I'm nervous and I don't even have a rooting interest.

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

If nobody hears from me again, it's because I had a Dawg-related heart attack and died.