1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

official 2010 world cup thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by matadorpoeta, Feb 11, 2010.

1. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

los pobres muy bajitos de estatura [​IMG] and chupete just can't get it in the goal! would be nice to see them at least get one

2. onix

onix Senior member

I wouldn't rule out Paraguay too quickly - look at how they got to the WC
    Oh, I even place Paraguay slightly higher than Japan despite the impressive performance of Japan in the table round. But since we have an Africa team in already, I just hope that Japan can make it just for a sake of a World Cup [​IMG] .

3. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Brazil was still running around at full tilt and making shots in extra time. Literally indefatigable.

4. milosh

milosh Senior member

Not sure if it was posted:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Maybe it should go to Social Life, Food and Drink.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

^lmao ok, this has been driving me crazy. what is that stuff in spray cans that they spray on injured players? [​IMG]

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

It's just "magic spray" for pseudo injuries.

7. celery

celery Senior member

^lmao

ok, this has been driving me crazy. what is that stuff in spray cans that they spray on injured players? [​IMG]

There's three different cans. One has compressed cold air to quickly cool a muscle (think icy hot), one is topical anesthetic to numb bruises and bumps, and one is anti-microbial for cuts and scrapes.

8. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

There's three different cans. One has compressed cold air to quickly cool a muscle (think icy hot), one is topical anesthetic to numb bruises and bumps, and one is anti-microbial for cuts and scrapes.

You did your research. Bravo !

There's a fourth one, though, that smells like poo, so the opposing player distances himself from you...

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

thanks. now i can sleep tonight [​IMG] btw i did google it and the answers were conflicting and confusing...so based on your post the answer is "all of the above"

10. celery

celery Senior member

You did your research. Bravo !

There's a fourth one, though, that smells like poo, so the opposing player distances himself from you...

I knew I missed one.

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Not sure if it was posted:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Maybe it should go to Social Life, Food and Drink.

EPIC. Good luck against Alcibeleste Germany! [​IMG]

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I've enjoyed it. Fans of eliminated teams always have something to complain about.
    There actually hasn't been too much to complain about in the way of eliminations, the teams that got through deserved to go through and the teams that didn't, didn't. There were the bad calls, which need to be addressed, but they haven't really affected the Cup as a whole.
    Bingo. No excuse to not use it during major Cups like World Cup, Euro, Champions League knockout rounds. BTW, FIFA needs to go fuck itself: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us
    They also explained their reluctance to have video replays on the grounds that controversy is good for world awareness of the game [​IMG] People talking about soccer because they hate the bullshit /= people becoming fans of the game.

13. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Senior member

14. dave333

dave333 Senior member

I'm very excited for the Japan-Paraguay match! Two really hard working teams. I've enjoyed watching Japan, they play smart and their free kicks have been so good.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Today's matches are tough to call.

Paraguay on paper are better than Japan, but Japan have been playing at the top of their game.

Spain have a stronger offense than Portugal, Portugal the stronger defense, and there's a long history of draws between the two teams.

Any thoughts?

16. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

There actually hasn't been too much to complain about in the way of eliminations, the teams that got through deserved to go through and the teams that didn't, didn't. There were the bad calls, which need to be addressed, but they haven't really affected the Cup as a whole.

True, but they were pretty close to becoming howlers. Think about US vs Algeria/Slovenia... if it were not for a literally last minute goal, shit would explode. If Germany/Argentina respectively hadn't tacked on 2 more goals and etc...

You shouldn't wait for someone to be robbed before you take action. (oh wait, Ireland)

17. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

Today's matches are tough to call.

Paraguay on paper are better than Japan, but Japan have been playing at the top of their game.

Spain have a stronger offense than Portugal, Portugal the stronger defense, and there's a long history of draws between the two teams.

Any thoughts?

my picks for the day:

Japan wins 2-1
    Spain wins 3-1

18. breakz

breakz Senior member

19. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

My expert predictions for today:

Japan 12 - Paraguay 7
    Spain 14 - Portugal 1

20. holymadness