• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official 2010 world cup thread

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
What if I ask?
laugh.gif

You've been here long enough, you should already know.

paraiso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

High up west?
smile.gif

I think I know what you meant. And yes, there are a lot of Mexicans up here. Not as many as L.A. but quite a few. But what I meant was that Mexico is also in North America, and they also have professional soccer, and they'd probably be mad if I said that the PNW was the epicenter of North American soccer.

Ok. Well since we already rule the Mexicanos there's no reason why they should get offended if the epicenter of soccer in North America moves up a few clicks to the nation's hippy hamlet.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I think I know what you meant. And yes, there are a lot of Mexicans up here. Not as many as L.A. but quite a few.
really? i honestly barely saw any latinos besides those working at taco del mar. i also didn't appreciate being outright stared at by white people whenever i was talking on my cell in public in spanish like i was speaking some alien dialect. i guess i'm just used to being around more diverse populations in LA/SF... back to thread... VAMOS CHILE! i'm nervous for friday!!!!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
US made the muslins cry
Teh Paris muslins spent last night flipping and burning cars outside the Stade Charlety.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Teh Paris muslins spent last night flipping and burning cars outside the Stade Charlety.

They did? Maybe burning cars out of frustration is a cultural thing that we should respect.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger
They did? Maybe burning cars out of frustration is a cultural thing that we should respect.
They also did it when they beat Egypt to qualify. Does not compute?
confused.gif

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger

confused.gif

Maybe the cars were Renaults, in which case, those muslins were helping humanity.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Yes, how terrible that U.S. fans have sullied the proud and dignified culture of the World Cup by complaining about ref calls. Certainly nobody from a country with a strong soccer tradition would ever stoop to that.
rolleyes.gif

no other fans as well complain, but nto the extent you see in this thread at moment you cna say that was fiucked up call, but people paraiso do nt stop at eh moment they cling to it and use to claim ot their team won. you ldeal with it and acceptte ******* loss. nt only that paraiso is compared the is performance in their group to that of argentina......
again pinche gringo orgullo

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jiratic,
I hope you get hit by a bus but that probably won't happen either. However there is always a chance.

Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Mauro

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
jiratic,
I hope you get hit by a bus but that probably won't happen either. However there is always a chance.

Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Mauro

best of luck to them, i already gave up on them.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A true fan never gives up.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

We cannot judge other cultures. We look at 'car burning' through our own cultural prism. We can not fully appreciate how valuable this aspect of their culture is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads