1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Office Supply Kits

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by proximatecause, Jul 19, 2012.

1. proximatecause

proximatecause Member

Like many of you I keep a few things in my office in case of emergency or for everyday necessity. I thought it would be helpful for myself, and others, to discuss what, why, how much, and real life stories of preparation coming through in the clutch.

For the record I am thinking of items along the lines of Tide Sticks, tooth brush, mouthwash, etc.

Cheers!

2. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Spare collar stays, nail buffer, mints, common OTC medications, and Emergen-Cs. Women often talk about becoming sick so I offer them an Emergen-C.

It's also good to have a simple toy if anyone brings their kid through. Offering someone's child a toy or candy makes them think well of you.

3. proximatecause

proximatecause Member

Thanks Reggs - exactly what I was hoping for. I would not have thought of a toy or candy for a co-worker's kid, or Emergen-C for that matter.

4. schrag

schrag Well-Known Member

In the top drawer, toothbrush, paste & floss kit from a dentist trip & mini sample of deodorant. So glad to have the floss after a steak lunch :nodding:

Should probably keep some ibuprofen and some kind of antihistamine on hand too, but haven't yet.

I also keep some loose leaf tea,with the accompanying teapot w/ basket around as well... along with some plastic cultery. Just basics.

5. svelten

svelten Senior member

Hand lotion, sunscreen, nail clipper, floss, toothpaste and facial moisturizer. I like being able to go directly to an event after work instead of having to go home to brush up if I had a long day and I look like ass at 6PM.