• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Office drama

roofhead

Reaction score
Does anyone have any crazy work mates or people you cant stand at work?

KurtS90

Reaction score
I did and I thought I fixed the problem with home made chloroform and placing it on the tissues... Now I am jobless, no unemployment, and have a lovely ankle bracelet.

~Kurt

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone I work with is awesome, pretty much. And that's about 60 people. I realize how fortunate I am.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My office is very chill too. There's one girl, however, that everyone hates. I don't really hate her, but I don't like her. The girls in the office HATE her though. They'll talk **** about her every opportunity to get.

Just today, some coworkers and I were eating lunch and they were talking **** about the girl and just right then, she walks into the conference room. She didn't hear anything, but obviously the conversation topic switched immediately..

Awkward. I try not to partake in ****-talking (easy, when I'm not in the office four days out of the week).

Canadian

Reaction score
I once worked with a girl who bragged that after a few years of work, she was "bought out" for 72 grand and went back to her job (the one she had been bought out of) in a few days because her boss loved her work and she even kept her pay grade. Only in government would this fly.

She was so petty she reported me on the tiniest thing, like using the wrong paper in the photocopier, or not completing an executive summary properly (I have a poly sci degree, she basically was self taught and was a total moron). But she wasn't all bad. She had been working there for ten years and was okay if you had to ask somebody for help.

We used to have this game she was good at. One employee would insist I requisition a new chair, filing cabinet, desk lamp, junkcatcher, etc. We'd agree, then when we were out of earshot of this other employee, we'd piece together the stuff I wanted from used and discarded furniture. Despite being annoying, she was pretty neat. We even stole a co-workers filing cabinet while they were at lunch.

The best part of that job was medical/dental/holiday. Three weeks a year holiday, two weeks sick leave (which everybody rolled into a holiday) unconditional (lots of people went camping on long weekends and called in sick Thursday and Friday) and a bonus of 3 grand after three months work.

Tom

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in a very young office (most people I interact with on a daily basis are 30 or under), which is nice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doesn't everyone..

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
people in colorado are weird.. can't explain it.

must be the altitude.

Aditi190

Reaction score
Does anyone have any crazy work mates or people you cant stand at work?

I enjoyed my previous work station a lot with work as well as colleges.
For the current one, it became common thing for me to face such people (after a long period).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads