• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Office Art & Decor

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey all,

I keep getting teased over the bare walls in my office during Zoom meetings. What's some good, yet not expensive, art to put on the wall that would make me look worldly and sophisticated and whatnot? You know, outdated world maps, paintings of generals with their hand in their jackets, that sort of ****.

Thanks.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I keep getting teased over the bare walls in my office during Zoom meetings. What's some good, yet not expensive, art to put on the wall that would make me look worldly and sophisticated and whatnot? You know, outdated world maps, paintings of generals with their hand in their jackets, that sort of ****.

Thanks.
In the past I've cruised sales from Art.com to Amazon.
Timing is sometimes key.
I have a giant stretched canvas map of Rome I got, for some reason, $40.
All the way up into the $200's for some stretched canvas framed giclée reproductions of Monet and Van Gogh...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been browsing Amazon this morning.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whimsical stuff you actually like, and can tell about does better.

think sushi map, world of whisky, tartans of clans. Even a map of some online world would do better than some generic type ****. Maybe a shrunken head? “Yeah that’s my great uncles head, he was a missionary to the indies. Rather unfortunate incident with a local princes and her father”. Or maybe a poster with the hallucinogenics of the world? “We all have life goals, I like to keep that poster of as a reminder of what’s left to do in this world”.
Or a printout of your greatest trolling, or shitpoasting?

I don’t have to put up **** as I videoconference out of my kitchen. Which allows me to walk away from the monitor to grab coffee or pie. Showing them exactly how much I care about the meeting.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I could get away with some of that....I mean a coworker has weeb **** all over his walls so..

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, people who conference in front of their bookcase just come off as pretentious to me. Not to mention the titles usually are dime a dozen thrillers. I was only half joking as you probably read, I really do like something that tells a story the person is willing to tell.

In one meeting this week somebody asked me why I was sitting in the kitchen, didn’t I have a separate study? I answered that I did, but the kitchen allows me to have alcohol within reach without anyone asking questions. That shut him up.

The coolest I’ve seen so far was the guy who obviously was conferencing out of some office/storage room. His hobby was diving, and all of the stuff was lying around in the background.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm talking about in my office though. It is pretty bare here. I do need some plants, art, and such. I already ordered (yet another) one of those LED ambient night light projector deals for the office as I didn't want to give up any of the ones in my apt.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm talking about in my office though. It is pretty bare here. I do need some plants, art, and such. I already ordered (yet another) one of those LED ambient night light projector deals for the office as I didn't want to give up any of the ones in my apt.
I overlooked. Definitely something hobby related. Or something weird from work. At the office I was the only one with a huge ass whiteboard in 16 floors, in the open office plan they forbid those. Which I stole together with a coworker from a different department in a different building. Aside from being useful for strategy outlining and schematics, it also allowed for funny or insulting drawings and text from coworkers and myself. So a whiteboard is also fun.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could hire a muralist to do something artistic, like that show silicon valley

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decided to seek out the largest print of Yellow Scale by Kupka that I can find.

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
If you want something cheap but interesting there are loads of reproduction vintage travel posters on Etsy. We’ve bought them for children’s bedrooms and framed them and they look great.

However I’m one of those pretentious chaps who does Zoom calls from in front of my home office bookshelves...!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks very nice shop :)

MrRipleysTie

Reaction score
I recently started in a new company with my own office and had considered framing some Christopher Ward watch magazines. Sadly there was rejig before I started and my office wall space is covered with whiteboards.

orsolyahim

Reaction score
If you are getting teased, you can use just the ZOOM background feature and hide it. Personally, I like using this feature during my meetings. I like to put some LOTR themes in the background just for fun. If you don't like this option, you can always buy some interesting things for your background or set your office in the garden, if you have one, of course. If you are interested, I suggest you approach this service gardenrooms.scot. They make great garden rooms for different purposes, so you can choose a proper design for yourself and impress your coworkers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads