• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Office 2010 Betas now available

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://us2.office2010beta.microsoft....?culture=en-US

If you play your cards right, you may be able to get a free version once it's released. That's how I got Office 2007 Professional, Windows Vista Professional and Windows 7 Professional. Downloaded the betas, got invited to parties/etc where MS gave away free copies.

The server's being really slammed now, so maybe try again later to download.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, this was out since around October last year

Originally Posted by musicguy
http://us2.office2010beta.microsoft....?culture=en-US

If you play your cards right, you may be able to get a free version once it's released. That's how I got Office 2007 Professional, Windows Vista Professional and Windows 7 Professional. Downloaded the betas, got invited to parties/etc where MS gave away free copies.

The server's being really slammed now, so maybe try again later to download.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I just got it. I am enjoying it.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
WTF why cant i download this?

It makes me "create my account" even though im already signed into windows live on the website, then i enter in my name and country below my email address and it just says there was an error processing your request after i click "Create My account"
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

can anyone hook me up with a product key for microsoft office home & student 2007?
smile.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Dude, this was out since around October last year

Well, I just got an email from MS telling me about this.

Originally Posted by MAnton
I just got it. I am enjoying it.

Looking forward to trying it out...

Originally Posted by shellshock
WTF why cant i download this?

It makes me "create my account" even though im already signed into windows live on the website, then i enter in my name and country below my email address and it just says there was an error processing your request after i click "Create My account"
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I can't either... yet. I think the server is being hit like a hurricane.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I just did this today and had no problem.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I downloaded a copy a while back but haven't installed it. I have Office 2k7 Pro now, why would I want to "upgrade" to this?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's different? Does it write the emails for you?

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
What's different? Does it write the emails for you?

OneNote is much improved, and I think they did something with Excel, but otherwise there isn't much difference between 2010 and 2007.

qma

Reaction score
I used it previously but trashed it because it fucked up my computers performance. Went back to 2007.

My Outlook now has an annoying habit of popping up a message that states that my account was created with a newer version and that I might encounter missing information that I previously enjoyed. Then they inform me that I can create a new account if I recieve any problems with the existing one.

This idiot-popup always comes up when I start Outlook now and I can't get rid of it. Has anyone encountered the same problem and managed to eliminate it?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might need to create a new user account from scratch. There's a guide somewhere on the Microsoft site where you delete a registry key. I'm running 2010 beta with no problems. It loads faster. I don't like the ribbon in Outlook though since Send/Receive is on a different tab. But besides that, it's great. I'm looking forward to Facebook and other social network integration.

qma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
You might need to create a new user account from scratch. There's a guide somewhere on the Microsoft site where you delete a registry key. I'm running 2010 beta with no problems. It loads faster. I don't like the ribbon in Outlook though since Send/Receive is on a different tab. But besides that, it's great. I'm looking forward to Facebook and other social network integration.
I was annoyed with the ribbon for the same reason, but if I remember it right there should be a small s/r-button somewhere in the top-left corner?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads