• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try it on a computer . I was able to get payment step in checkout using Firefox on desktop. But I get 503s on mobile.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of converting a young gentleman to quality shoes. It appears he has taken a liking to Bourton brogues. He hasn’t purchased any yet, but with the options available in this model, I’m beginning to feel sorry for him already.

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
Received a couple of pairs of my Kudus back from Shoe Healer after an excellent resole. Decided after about 2 years to get the Danites replaced with Ridgeway and crepe for a change. Very pleased.
Still love this Kudu leather also. Hardly a mark on them and only ever had one coat of natural polish.
60F15A58-7DA9-429A-91C6-5B4C802926B7.jpeg
1DEB8799-07DB-40B8-8AA4-405713526640.jpeg
6755C00B-3C6B-4875-8076-D99A43CF294B.jpeg
A0B3EFC8-C032-4171-BCDD-F2AB4472B81A.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Received a couple of pairs of my Kudus back from Shoe Healer after an excellent resole. Decided after about 2 years to get the Danites replaced with Ridgeway and crepe for a change. Very pleased.
Still love this Kudu leather also. Hardly a mark on them and only ever had one coat of natural polish. View attachment 1298531 View attachment 1298532 View attachment 1298533 View attachment 1298534
They do great work, especially like the ridgeway. Was at forefront of my new year ‘to do’ list.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Still love this Kudu leather also. Hardly a mark on them and only ever had one coat of natural polish. View attachment 1298531 View attachment 1298532 View attachment 1298533 View attachment 1298534

Both soles look better than the original dainite, good choice! The Kudu Grassmere have worn well, I rather regret selling mine.

Alexidb

Reaction score
We’re the Henry’s 9.5s by any chance?

Dang. @Kiwijohn s post sent me on a quick Google for a pair of Kudu Grassmeres on the cheap. However, I ran into a pair of Cafe suede Henrys first. Ordered. I think I may have a problem, LOL

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
Quick fit question:
I have Brett boots in Oceano with last 4497 - how does that last compare to Bobby blucher with last 2298? I’m a UK 6.5 in The Brett.

same size for Bobby?

is Bobby narrower in toe box?

thanks in advance!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quick fit question:
I have Brett boots in Oceano with last 4497 - how does that last compare to Bobby blucher with last 2298? I’m a UK 6.5 in The Brett.

same size for Bobby?

is Bobby narrower in toe box?

thanks in advance!

Same size in both for me.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thx Zippy! Always super helpful. ?
mostly concerned with width - Brett’s are right on the edge, so Bobby’s can’t be any more narrow.
Bobby on 2298 so will be a bit narrower I’d think. I find it wearable but I’ve it on a suede shoe which has more give than cordovan or even calf so be wary.

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
Bobby on 2298 so will be a bit narrower I’d think. I find it wearable but I’ve it on a suede shoe which has more give than cordovan or even calf so be wary.
Yup, that’s my concern here. I wear thin socks with Brett’s...so not sure Bobby’s will be ideal.

other issue in play... received Alden whiskey Shortwing Bal’s this week and can only do them or Bobby’s. Waited 5+ years for those & they’re fantastic, but fit is good.... but not perfect .
first world decisions.

Shetterd

Reaction score
I am considering getting my first pair of Trickers, and I was hoping for some sizing help from this thread! I wear a 7UK in various Carmina lasts (Oscar, Forest Rain) and Meermin (Hiro, Olfe). What would you guys recommend for the 4444 last? I was thinking perhaps 6.5, given it seems on the roomy side? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads