• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score
Everything I bought from the Outlet was "full set"
I have cases of unused dust-bags and flannel...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@NewYorkIslander So Burford is on 4497 and Bourton is on 4444. The 190 appears to be a new last but I'm guessing it'll fit like the 4497. Try Todd Snyder although I'm not sure they have much in Tricker's right now. There's always buy and return from Mr Porter too.

As a bit of a WAG, I'd say 9UK in 4497 and 8.5UK in 4444. If you go to Todd Snyder or C&J store, try something on the 325 last like the Coniston or Pembroke. That's a pretty similar fit to the 4497.

Those Anniversary 190s were on sale at Mr Porter for Black Friday. They'll probably go on sale again a few days before Christmas at least on the US site. Once you lock in your size, you'll soon be awash in deals for Tricker's from UK retailers. For that matter Matches US site has a bunch of styles on sale. I think they have free ship/return for US.

dangerous

Reaction score
Kudu Bourtons...

fu085Mr.jpg

The colours really good on that picture. I like my Bourtons a lot, even if they are slightly too big in the in step!

I got a lot of kudu and this started that addiction.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kudu Bourtons...

fu085Mr.jpg

The colours really good on that picture. I like my Bourtons a lot, even if they are slightly too big in the in step!

I got a lot of kudu and this started that addiction.
I sold mine as just a little big as a full size, if I saw an 8.5 would probably bite again!!

Kudu is damn near unbeatable.

MSAINT

Reaction score
In case anyone had a doubt or a neurosis about brick colored UK made Dainite, here's the proof that after some time it's a perfect match with the leather sole:

86fc6dd6ea3663e87b784cb5b1661bbd5b6707cd.jpg

Last edited:

Pedlar

Reaction score
Our Zug discussion the other day led me to eBay and a pair of Ilkleys.... I had some awhile back but they were too big and I sold them on. I had forgot how ridiculously mighty a piece of footwear this is.

Interesting to note my Allans have the same lug sole but on a thinner midsole. Ilkley fit is tighter than my kudu Bourtons in the same size, bearing out what was said recently about materials affecting fit.

What fantastic shoes—

EB469FBC-F3C3-43F8-85CE-9FC2ECB8B7C9.jpeg

6EC9ED9B-5382-433B-823A-200FAC9433CD.jpeg

40E1A90A-485F-459A-BBA3-5DC21379E689.jpeg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@NewYorkIslander So Burford is on 4497 and Bourton is on 4444. The 190 appears to be a new last but I'm guessing it'll fit like the 4497. Try Todd Snyder although I'm not sure they have much in Tricker's right now. There's always buy and return from Mr Porter too.

As a bit of a WAG, I'd say 9UK in 4497 and 8.5UK in 4444. If you go to Todd Snyder or C&J store, try something on the 325 last like the Coniston or Pembroke. That's a pretty similar fit to the 4497.

Those Anniversary 190s were on sale at Mr Porter for Black Friday. They'll probably go on sale again a few days before Christmas at least on the US site. Once you lock in your size, you'll soon be awash in deals for Tricker's from UK retailers. For that matter Matches US site has a bunch of styles on sale. I think they have free ship/return for US.

Thanks man. Wound up grabbing the exact model of Bourton I wanted from Mr Porter in the 8.5 (last one as well). Hopefully it works! I'll keep you posted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads