• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Metrosey

Reaction score
Summed up well there!

All I’d add is that bookbinder is probably a better wet weather option than cordovan and also a lot lower maintenance.

Bookbinder however will not get better with age and in some cases (not always) can crease quite badly.

Ahhhhhhh, water resistance, missed that part. Thanks for pointing that out :)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Greys

jayvee

Reaction score
Yes I find I can’t wear my cordovan whenever I want as I don’t want to get them really wet.

I’m sure it is plenty water resistant but the spotting takes a bit of work to remove.
Go over them with a damp cloth and they become one big water spot (at least until the next time it rains

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go over them with a damp cloth and they become one big water spot (at least until the next time it rains

Does that method discolour them at all? the spots I get are a dull colour. This is probably the oils coming to he surface or something.

I just brushed them thoroughly several times over a few days and they've more or less disappeared. Don't want to have to do that regularly though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I wore these. Red Bourtons with commando sole. When I first got them the color was too tomato-y for my taste but after 10 years of polishing with a darker oxblood they’ve patina’d into a deeper red that I prefer.

Attachments

• B6C13ABC-04E8-4721-999D-5E99C3D49C03.jpeg
    B6C13ABC-04E8-4721-999D-5E99C3D49C03.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 94
  • C5306C90-E97C-490D-A0A3-8BB5A4D5C9B0.jpeg
    C5306C90-E97C-490D-A0A3-8BB5A4D5C9B0.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 96

Metrosey

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I wore these. Red Bourtons with commando sole. When I first got them the color was too tomato-y for my taste but after 10 years of polishing with a darker oxblood they’ve patina’d into a deeper red that I prefer.

You’ve had those for 10 years? You kept them sealed in a laboratory? Ha. Jokes aside, they are looking good :)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
You’ve had those for 10 years? You kept them sealed in a laboratory? Ha. Jokes aside, they are looking good :)

thanks, i have way too many shoes, so i'll typically wear a pair that i've gravitated to for a couple weeks, then might not ever wear them again til the following year.

Mbaldinger

Shoe Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi

I hope you guys will find the following extract from this weeks newsletter of interest.

Pediwear Trickers
This season's Tricker's styles from Pediwear are a tale of two types of leather: deerskin and museum calf. For those with a taste for the depth and marble effect of museum calf we have a delightful burgundy Chelsea boot, a split toe styled Derby and a double monk shoe.

Following the success of the suede Polo chukka boot we are now offering an exclusive combination of soft dark brown deerskin in this popular chukka style (last W2298).
Bowood in Deerskin
The Bowood style will be known to many Tricker's fans - and here we have it in dark brown deerskin and fully lined by soft, bare sheepskin.

View attachment 1253172

View attachment 1253173

as ever, any questions David or myself are happy to answer.

Regards

Mike
that Chelsea!! Wow, loving the museum calf!

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Metrosey

Reaction score
Yes it is quite special isn't it! Glad you like.

Have you ever inquired about perhaps doing some of the unique leathers from CF Stead. There’s so many from CF Stead like the Deerskin you are using now. I can only speak for myself but I’d really like to see more unique leathers :)

Last edited:

FondDeJante

Reaction score

That's my dream combination, red upper plus natural welt and commando sole - lovely

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads