• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Conker grain Stows and others in a fair range of sizes at Herring sale:

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi

I hope you guys will find the following extract from this weeks newsletter of interest.

Pediwear Trickers
This season's Tricker's styles from Pediwear are a tale of two types of leather: deerskin and museum calf. For those with a taste for the depth and marble effect of museum calf we have a delightful burgundy Chelsea boot, a split toe styled Derby and a double monk shoe.

Following the success of the suede Polo chukka boot we are now offering an exclusive combination of soft dark brown deerskin in this popular chukka style (last W2298).
Bowood in Deerskin
The Bowood style will be known to many Tricker's fans - and here we have it in dark brown deerskin and fully lined by soft, bare sheepskin.

as ever, any questions David or myself are happy to answer.

Regards

Mike

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

trickers stowe....

Im a new yorker interested in this boot..

but y only go to UK10?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hello

trickers

They go a lot higher than that. Maybe where you saw advertised only goes to ten U.K.?

As a guide check out Trickers own website or the outlet which only has limited stock.

Im a new yorker interested in this boot..

but y only go to UK10?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Conker grain Stows and others in a fair range of sizes at Herring sale:

Hmmm...those Navy brogues are cool.

RKILLY67

Reaction score
Anyone any experience with the bookbinder leathers that trickers do? Does it effect it's longevity or how it ages compared to ordinary leather?

Metrosey

Reaction score
Anyone any experience with the bookbinder leathers that trickers do? Does it effect it's longevity or how it ages compared to ordinary leather?

I’m not entirely sure so take this with a grain of salt until a more seasoned Trickers member says something. The leather has an acrylic coating and is more stiff compared to other leather such as natural calf. It’s been mentioned a few times in the past that Bookbinder is a rather inferior leather, however, it does produce a wonderful shine. That said, it’s possible for the acrylic to crack. In terms of maintenance, it’s little but in terms of patina, you’ll get little-to-none. So I’d say if durability and patina is what you want, don’t go Bookbinder. Want to show off great shines? Go Bookbinder, although, Cordovan would be a much better option :)

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Echoing what our learned colleague @Metrosey said plus I have a pair of Lo£ke$ and they crease peculiarly and aren’t really for me. They are essentially worthless financially so kept in a darkened room...

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Seasonal colours and coffee burnished Eatons today - thanks to @Crafty Cumbrian for help sourcing the Eatons (MTOs for Blue Button shop) and @MSAINT for info about the laces

Attachments

• trickers_captoe.jpg
    trickers_captoe.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 126

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure so take this with a grain of salt until a more seasoned Trickers member says something. The leather has an acrylic coating and is more stiff compared to other leather such as natural calf. It’s been mentioned a few times in the past that Bookbinder is a rather inferior leather, however, it does produce a wonderful shine. That said, it’s possible for the acrylic to crack. In terms of maintenance, it’s little but in terms of patina, you’ll get little-to-none. So I’d say if durability and patina is what you want, don’t go Bookbinder. Want to show off great shines? Go Bookbinder, although, Cordovan would be a much better option :)

Summed up well there!

All I’d add is that bookbinder is probably a better wet weather option than cordovan and also a lot lower maintenance.

Bookbinder however will not get better with age and in some cases (not always) can crease quite badly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads