• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tramping!!

IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
nice!
how are those? I’ve been curious about the leather for a while.
nice!

The elk is really supple and soft, yet substantial. It has a waxy, pull-up feel to it. I have no idea how to care for it though. These fit me great and should require minimal break-in. I'm barely a 9 on the Brannock, and wear an 8 in Viberg 2030. These are slightly roomier IMO. Really cool grain in the leather, sort of a black whiskering in places (like shown on Stitchdown.com) - I wish there was more of it!

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 70

smuj

Reaction score
Hi, I have been away for a year or so. Trying to reduce my temptations which were getting expensive. I am prompted to post as I have just seen that my design for some Zug Loggers has been dug up. I have not examined the full history of posts but was there an outcome with Trickers as to whether they could be made?

When I mocked up the images, it was on the back of a conversation with David in the Trickers shop. I was trying to get hold of some Skiptons when the subject of the Veldt welt came up. I asked whether they still had the capability and he said yes. And confirmed they would be happy to take a Veldt MTO order from me. So rather than just recreate the Skiptons, I thought I would try to get some Zug loggers off the ground.

If someone could post an update I would be grateful. I would certainly be up for a pair. (I would have joined a Zug Snowdon MTO but they always specify a faux toecap stitch. I have some very early Snowdons that have a faux cap and it is through the faux stitch that they leak on long walks in wet grass (why have a stitch line where you do not need one. I digress)

Thanks in advance.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi, I have been away for a year or so. Trying to reduce my temptations which were getting expensive. I am prompted to post as I have just seen that my design for some Zug Loggers has been dug up. I have not examined the full history of posts but was there an outcome with Trickers as to whether they could be made?

When I mocked up the images, it was on the back of a conversation with David in the Trickers shop. I was trying to get hold of some Skiptons when the subject of the Veldt welt came up. I asked whether they still had the capability and he said yes. And confirmed they would be happy to take a Veldt MTO order from me. So rather than just recreate the Skiptons, I thought I would try to get some Zug loggers off the ground.

If someone could post an update I would be grateful. I would certainly be up for a pair. (I would have joined a Zug Snowdon MTO but they always specify a faux toecap stitch. I have some very early Snowdons that have a faux cap and it is through the faux stitch that they leak on long walks in wet grass (why have a stitch line where you do not need one. I digress)

Thanks in advance.
I’ll pm you later sir..

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

The faux toe cap seems to divide people. Most of the classic veldt boots/shoes have it which seems strange if it is to the detriment of water resistance.

Would any stitched seam not be equally as prone to water ingress? vamp seam for example.

I personally like the look of the faux toe cap but would do without if I knew it would let water in.

I'm fairly sure my Rannoch boots have never leaked at the toe cap stitching and haven't put my Snowdon zug's to the test yet..

Liked your zug logger design by the way!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads