• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Maio

Reaction score
I like the look of their shirts but haven’t been able to bring myself to pay the money yet.

I also have a couple of pairs of Edwin’s and some Cone Mills white oak 501’s all of which are nice but the Iron Hearts are far superior to any of these.

They probably are worth the price, it’s just a lot to spend on jeans in my opinion.

If you're into denim, and particularly 501, I'd recommend you to get a pair from TCB. They make Levis repros and the quality is amazing, quite good value as well!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're into denim, and particularly 501, I'd recommend you to get a pair from TCB. They make Levis repros and the quality is amazing, quite good value as well!

Never heard of them. Will have to check them out. Hopefully cheaper than LVC!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s boots so I’ll make this quick, Claudio Lugli makes some nice shirts for a ‘good’ price. I’ve got one, really unique and got quite a few compliments on the first day alone :)

Will look them up!

We obviously need to discuss clothing to complement our Trickers as well ;)

hoxuantu

Reaction score
Do you know any Tricker's boots that can be worn in rainy days (waterproof ?)

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Do you know any Tricker's boots that can be worn in rainy days (waterproof ?)

Whilst never 100% waterproof , I doubt any manufacturers market their boots as this , I have only ever experienced one issue in close to twenty years . I received a new pair as replacements . I would purchase with confidence . If it’s a hard wearing outdoor boot you require , go for the Grassmere in brown zug or black scotch grain . Though if you want a bit more style , the Stows are great .

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Picked my Grassmere up from Tony at Botanic Shoe & Boot repair . Pics of me wearing Cairngorm at bus stop on way and Grassmere in his shop . Bonus to come , additional pics will go boots boots boots thread
8DCD42E4-9F63-4412-858B-B6437A2C4D17.jpeg
47E4E9F0-9B80-472F-92EC-9DC23966CFE3.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Tony got a pair of veldt boots in for dainite to replace leather and hobnail . They look like Lotus army officers boots , approx size 10-11 . This is the third pair the guy has brought in , he gets given them . Knocks the crap out of them working for National Trust apparently. I’ll add more pics to the boots , boots , boots .. thread .
F4FA274F-471B-42A1-86F4-2A7C288802AD.jpeg

6AB8AF12-22E0-4D15-9C4B-C6701610470C.jpeg

Last edited:

Metrosey

Reaction score
Tony got a pair of veldt boots in for dainite to replace leather and hobnail . They look like Lotus army officers boots , approx size 10-11 . This is the third pair the guy has brought in , he gets given them . Knocks the crap out of them working for National Trust apparently. I’ll add more pics to the boots , boots , boots .. thread .
View attachment 1242429
View attachment 1242409

While good for outside, wouldn’t want to walk on a wooden floor with those ha :)

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1242429
View attachment 1242409

Love those! I've been on the lookout for a pair for a while now.

If you need to shift them I'm your man.

Lotus Durham I believe

Edit... Just re-read and they're not yours!

Toosoupy

Reaction score
Love those! I've been on the lookout for a pair for a while now.

If you need to shift them I'm your man.

Lotus Durham I believe

Edit... Just re-read and they're not yours!

Have you tried William Lennon? They make a few styles with hobnail soles if that's what your after.

Id be interested in finding out if anyone on here had any experience with William Lennon boots as they seem like great value for money

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried William Lennon? They make a few styles with hobnail soles if that's what your after.

Id be interested in finding out if anyone on here had any experience with William Lennon boots as they seem like great value for money

I have tried them actually. I got a pair of the zug field boots for £50 from a seller who had never used them.

The finishing is not in the same league as Trickers etc. Not even close. But then again these are supposed to be work boots.

Very sturdy and built like tanks. I’d say they’re decent value and the buyer can specify certain options which is nice.

Sold mine when I bought Rannoch’s and I hadn’t even broken them in. I did like them but prefer the Rannoch and find it comfier, although Lennon would have likely improved with time.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and I don’t really want hobnails. They do look cool but if I got Lotus boots with them i’d likely plan to resole them.

Probably not very practical

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads