• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin far more of a winter trouser I’d suggest to the chino summer counterpart.

Very popular in rural settings because of its wind resistance (moleskin). I used to wear them regularly for work as formal enough for what I do. Depends on climate etc as some of our brethren can probably wear either year round!

I quite fancy trying moleskin for the winter. I saw Hebtroco do them but quite pricey and not sure what fit is like.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So hands up. Who's ordered the anniversary set?

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite fancy trying moleskin for the winter. I saw Hebtroco do them but quite pricey and not sure what fit is like.
I was looking at those. Apparently the latest models are more ‘tailored fitting’. It’s a bit of a risk. It would be nice to know how others got on. Reviews, reviews, reviews! (Preferably from ordinary stylish men, not hardcore bikers or whatever.)

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why Trickers (and so many other makers) only go up to a size 12, maybe a 13 in rare instances? I do so wish I could get a pair of Stow boots in a larger size. (14 — just one size more! Can’t be that hard to make can it?)
Are you after a UK 14 or US? Your profile doesn’t indicate where you are from. You could also consider trying on the Tricker’s in 13 (especially the 4444 last) to see if it fits.

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
Are you after a UK 14 or US? Your profile doesn’t indicate where you are from. You could also consider trying on the Tricker’s in 13 (especially the 4444 last) to see if it fits.

US 14 (almost a 14.5 on my left foot).

I'm in the US so it's not easy to find Trickers. I love their boots. I've ordered from their Outlet site a couple times and have tried the 13, but I really need the length.

From what I understand about their sizing they run about a half-size in comparison to US sizing, so if they made a UK13.5 or UK14 that would be most triumphant.

Toosoupy

Reaction score
I was looking at those. Apparently the latest models are more ‘tailored fitting’. It’s a bit of a risk. It would be nice to know how others got on. Reviews, reviews, reviews! (Preferably from ordinary stylish men, not hardcore bikers or whatever.)

I have a pair of the HebTroCo govenor moleskin trousers, I will post a mini review for you this weekend.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the HebTroCo govenor moleskin trousers, I will post a mini review for you this weekend.

Look forward to that.

As @mrjamescost puts it. I would also like to hear a review from an ordinary persons perspective. I just want a standard good fit if such a thing exists. Not too tapered, not too skinny and not baggy.

I’d rather pay less but I am willing to pay the asking price if they justify it.

Metrosey

Reaction score

You don’t want my review then huh :)

I jest (didn’t buy it either)

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, those boots are fugly, and if I want distressed leather I'd go right out to kudu leather... Like my Grassmere!

Real anniversary "bomb" would have been an historical veldtschoen boots reissue!

Have to agree.

I think the anniversary boot is ok but that’s about as far as i’ll go.

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Nope, those boots are fugly, and if I want distressed leather I'd go right out to kudu leather... Like my Grassmere!

Real anniversary "bomb" would have been an historical veldtschoen boots reissue!

Yep , would have been true to theirs and English shoemaking tradition . They could and should have set themselves above everyone else with this but the 190 boot is a fail in my book .

Mikedbfast

Reaction score

Even at m.t.o prices I’ve little doubt that they would sold out and Tricker’s could have made a worthwhile profit . I would have purchased , upto £8-900 price point .

MSAINT

Reaction score
Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think in fairness they wanted to create a boot of uniquely British qualities. Independent tannery, soles etc. I find the unique last the most baffling as why would you create that as its in no way linked to anything you’ve produced before?

Agree harking back to construction methods you’ve used before but sidelined most likely to cost and time would’ve been more appropriate for a true celebration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics