• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Range of new Trickers on T K Maxx site if anyone’s interested.

White Stows too for anyone brave enough!

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Do you think having an independent cobbler add toe taps would invalidate the shoes from being factory refurbished at a later date? Seems a bit extreme if so.

None of my leather soled shoes have them but the toe edge does seem so wear faster than anywhere else.

My opinion would be that manufacturers will have varying policies. Cheaney are strictly no third party work .

If you had the toe taps , for Trickers ..cut into the sole ...maybe they wouldn’t but worth asking . Segs only , I would doubt it .

Repairs are a lucrative business , if you think logically about it . Trickers Boots rrp £445 , markup for retailer I’m “guessing” 100% . If that’s the case , Trickers sell for £220 . They charge £150 for a resole and refurb only , not the overheads , material cost or labour for clicking / stitching of uppers etc... of a new boot . It’s cash too , no terms involved .

Tony had a repair from a local retailer , replacement Dainite sole . Cheaney removed the soles , then sent the shoe back with a box , cloth and bags saying the shoes were too scuffed to repair . Possibly they didn’t want to have a “ bad looking” pair associated with the factory ? However , I saw them and a some tlc and good polish would have fixed them . Tony sorted the sole out and has the retailers repairs business now , thank you very much .

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My opinion would be that manufacturers will have varying policies. Cheaney are strictly no third party work .

If you had the toe taps , for Trickers ..cut into the sole ...maybe they wouldn’t but worth asking . Segs only , I would doubt it .

Repairs are a lucrative business , if you think logically about it . Trickers Boots rrp £445 , markup for retailer I’m “guessing” 100% . If that’s the case , Trickers sell for £220 . They charge £150 for a resole and refurb only , not the overheads , material cost or labour for clicking / stitching of uppers etc... of a new boot . It’s cash too , no terms involved .

Tony had a repair from a local retailer , replacement Dainite sole . Cheaney removed the soles , then sent the shoe back with a box , cloth and bags saying the shoes were to scuffed to repair . Possibly they didn’t want to have a “ bad looking” pair associated with the factory ? However , I saw them and a some tic and good polish would have fixed them . Tony sorted the sole out and has the retailers repairs business now , thank you very much .

That’s what I thought, surely segs shouldn’t affect being able to get factory refurbishment.

Probably worth getting it in writing.

I like the idea of having them repaired on the original last, whether in reality this is very important I don’t know.

That sounds a bit poor regarding Cheaney repair.

I think Trickers refurbs are a bit expensive, especially when you can sometimes pick up a new pair on discount for very little more. Shame really

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
That’s what I thought, surely segs shouldn’t affect being able to get factory refurbishment.

Probably worth getting it in writing.

I like the idea of having them repaired on the original last, whether in reality this is very important I don’t know.

That sounds a bit poor regarding Cheaney repair.

I think Trickers refurbs are a bit expensive, especially when you can sometimes pick up a new pair on discount for very little more. Shame really

If you want a specific service , that cannot be done elsewhere then you have to go to the manufacturer . I got what I wanted and they done a great all round job . Pride in their work and products will dictate that they go that extra bit further .

Cost wise . Discount / Outlet is great but it’s a lottery . As for the repair . Price will be driven by time taken and labour / overhead cost . Have a guess at a Tricker’s skilled craftmen’s hourly rate of pay is , I reckon on doubling that and divide it into £150 . The number will be the time in hours taken to process the repair . For what you get ... it isn’t long

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Poor lighting polo Bourtons ..

Attachments

• A8D16388-2E58-472A-B7B8-37530CD92DDD.jpeg
    A8D16388-2E58-472A-B7B8-37530CD92DDD.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 102

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Really like the colour of these . I think I’ll get some dark brown cream for my Ilkley’s ( oxblood and brown zug ) and see if I can get them close to the polo .
Thank you sir, or I’ll keep an eye out for some Polo shoes? ?

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Thank you sir, or I’ll keep an eye out for some Polo shoes? ?

Jesus , I’ve bought two pair of shoes in the last three weeks .. for the first time since I can’t remember and you think I should get another pair !

Remember , despite not ruling m.t.o boots in , they are still not ruled out . Possible espresso Grassmere or Malton . Though the potential £s is a ..... ( fill in the blanks )

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Jesus , I’ve bought two pair of shoes in the last three weeks .. for the first time since I can’t remember and you think I should get another pair !

Remember , despite not ruling m.t.o boots in , they are still not ruled out . Possible espresso Grassmere or Malton . Though the potential £s is a ..... ( fill in the blanks )
Get your hand in your pocket son!!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watch out for Crafty, he’s an enabler ;)

Espresso Grassmere you say??? :drool:

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Watch out for Crafty, he’s an enabler ;)

Espresso Grassmere you say??? :drool:

If I were to go down the m.t.o road it’s a 4497 fit 6 for me and Tricker’s espresso is top notch . A Malton would be nice but my boot preference is toecap . Leather or dainite sole .

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
What’s the bet the big reveal is the exact same boot that Mr Porter have had for months and marketed with as much aplomb as a nuclear disaster...

Attachments

• 2B035C46-A0D3-4625-81DA-3533EAD6A557.jpeg
    2B035C46-A0D3-4625-81DA-3533EAD6A557.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 31C11197-5C83-4D01-A629-CFB2AF072277.jpeg
    31C11197-5C83-4D01-A629-CFB2AF072277.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 92

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads