• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

IsoE

Reaction score
Wow 1000 !!!
Gotta come and join the clap although I'm not wearing Tricker's today, I did yesterday, museum calf single monk, leather is really nice, but the sole needs break in!

Last edited:

Metrosey

Reaction score
Bugger. Missed it. I won't ruin the party, over to you guys....

Ha, you ruined it, too much excitement I guess :)

I was waiting since this morning to do the first 1000 thread post haha, then was busy shopping in the evening.

Anyway congratulations everyone, look forward to the bespoke giveaway. Think I’ll go with the hippo leather as Crafty is paying.

PS - There’s no giveaway.

Last edited:

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m taking a lot of credit for getting the page to 1000. Give some to Crafty... and Zippy... and the mad French man... and Oldman... and all the other mad men contributing to this thread. It’s nice to know I may be one of the sanest... which isn’t anything to be proud about, but it’s something...

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bugger. Missed it. I won't ruin the party, over to you guys....
You could have posted the picture twice. You have two pairs of the same boot in the same colour after all. Probably more than that. How many pairs is that now? I dread to think that you are catching up to the number of pages on this thread!

Olderfellow

Reaction score
You could have posted the picture twice.

I know, but it seemed to be cheating somehow. As Metrosey said, shot my bolt too early due to too much excitement. (Story of my life!).

Actually, I have shifted three pairs of boots in the last month. Decided to re-embrace sanity, if slowly....

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Stitching close to the first eyelet on right boots are different from the left ones.

By sheer coincidence I just came across another picture of a pair of Acorn Stows, each pair having different stitiching, just like mine.
IMG_2964.jpg

Who

Reaction score
By sheer coincidence I just came across another picture of a pair of Acorn Stows, each pair having different stitiching, just like mine. View attachment 1236397
Not really like the ones you own.
In this picture the right ones stitching ends in another stitch.
The ones you own stitching continues up the brogue.
?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know to be honest. I would have to look on the boxes. I didn't know there was a difference until somebody mentioned this fact a number of posts back.

1000 pages in and we’re getting close to establishing the differences between acorn and acorn antique.

We might get there by 2000 ;)

Metrosey

Reaction score
Oh yes... You're right. So that's three variations of the stitching all told.

Not only that, the lining is a different colour. So is the welt but that might be down to the camera.

Just noticed the pull taps are a difficult colour based on Trickers store image of the Acorn they sell.

Metrosey

Reaction score

Metrosey

Reaction score
Hi Noah, a full unit repair which includes all the original welt stitching removed and restitched in the original holes, new heel blocks, mid sole if needed, new laces and polish is £85 + return postage. This is the same price for leather, dainite and commando. If you are interested in sending them to us please send to 42-44 Scot Lane, Doncaster, DN1 1ES with a telephone number and we will ring you to discuss repair options. Before and after photos can be seen on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Theshoehealer/

Quick question, we discussed this (on the forum) a few months ago but I can’t remember if there was a conclusion. Can you change the welt colour, say from a dark brown to a Barbour?

Metrosey

Reaction score
It is very difficult to change the colour of a welt. Usually you can only go darker, I say usually because sometimes if we machine the top of the welt it will come up slightly lighter. But this can only be done as part of a full repair because the stitching needs to be removed. We can change the welt but this is usually stitched by hand because most small companies like us don't have a welting machine. So this makes it time consuming and therefore expensive. There are 3 main types of welt: flat welt, barbour welt (slight rounded-off raise) and split welt, sometimes called Stormwelt (larger, squared-off raise). Images attached all in brown but also available in other colours and neutral/natural.
View attachment 1236836 View attachment 1236837 View attachment 1236838

Thank you for the information. Another question haha, is there any advantage between Barbour welt vs storm welt? They seem basically the same with a small visual difference so doesn’t seem to be the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads