• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an old tricker's zug I found on ebay, I think I prefer this looking of the grain, will probably buy them if the buyer relists.
View attachment 1228110

They look good. I wonder what the leather is? Looks darker than Martin’s zug grain unless it’s had some dark polish added.

IsoE

Reaction score
They look good. I wonder what the leather is? Looks darker than Martin’s zug grain unless it’s had some dark polish added.
Seller just listed 'Zug'. Don't know how old are they, maybe someone can tell?

Metrosey

Reaction score
There's 20 percent off Trickers Outlet now, anyone got their eye on anything?

PS - It makes this boot worth £245 now, doesn't seem that popular with the vast number of sizes available. Holding out for perhaps a Shell in the future, saving those pennies.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
There's 20 percent off Trickers Outlet now, anyone got their eye on anything?

PS - It makes this boot worth £245 now, doesn't seem that popular with the vast number of sizes available. Holding out for perhaps a Shell in the future, saving those pennies.

How anal am I that I thought this would happen at midnight and had the Marron Stow already in my bag? ?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ha, we'll replace 'anal' with 'well-prepared and in the know' haha :)
Just Bank Holiday approaching and gut instinct! Saw the Marron the other day and nearly jumped but thought I’d wait. Paid £236 delivered which seems to be incorrect price but I’ll take cheaper! The suede ones you covet I was tempted by but have them in brown suede and it’s
wetter than water where I live!

Metrosey

Reaction score
Just Bank Holiday approaching and gut instinct! Saw the Marron the other day and nearly jumped but thought I’d wait. Paid £236 delivered which seems to be incorrect price but I’ll take cheaper! The suede ones you covet I was tempted by but have them in brown suede and it’s

Yes, the wet and windy weather will be upon us soon

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent my Grassmere to Trickers for a sole change , commando to double leather at a cost of £150 . Guess what the outlet site has on at £295.... , lol .

Anyway , grabbed a pair of Ilkley with a leather sole for £275 .going to give shoes a try for the first time in many , many years ( apart from work safety shoes )
Now they have the bank holiday sale, 20% off. lol That’s something else, that.

Also, see the Stow is available in various colours and textures, including marron.

Good job I’m all booted out. ??

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice one, I really like Marron.

Would be a difficult choice between Marron or espresso for my next Trickers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads