• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
No surprise today: Tricker's Grasmere Kudu
diapason%20a%20roulettes.gif

41a5e95e93d92d6d83019de22fc9a658a536b76d.jpg
are they Caramel minus burnishing?

MSAINT

Reaction score
They are light brown with burnishing.
(And lighter in the sun)

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ethan in the deer leather is coming soon

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ethan in the deer leather is coming soon

Have you ordered it? It’s on the website now in two versions, a waxed deer and a standard deer. Both with that sole which to my eyes isn’t aesthetically pleasing..

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ordered it? It’s on the website now in two versions, a waxed deer and a standard deer. Both with that sole which to my eyes isn’t aesthetically pleasing..
No as I already have black pebble grain Ethans.

I’m waiting until their next cordovan release as I want the Teck which last time looked like whiskey cordovan.

I was just about to post the resole I got on them and recommend Pekin Shoe Repair for US people. Nick did an awesome job on my pair.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
No as I already have black pebble grain Ethans.

I’m waiting until their next cordovan release as I want the Teck which last time looked like whiskey cordovan.

I was just about to post the resole I got on them and recommend Pekin Shoe Repair for US people. Nick did an awesome job on my pair.

View attachment 1225507

View attachment 1225508
Top work that man. Strangely when I saw the ones you listed that were for sale at Trickers I’d thought that with a resole they’d be a nice boot, maybe wait for the sale...?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All they had to do was stick it on a commando or dainite sole ?‍♂️

I noticed that Cheaney have a new monkey boot model coming.
Agreed. I’m not a fan of the foam sole.

When will the cheaneys be released?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
All they had to do was stick it on a commando or dainite sole ?‍♂️

I noticed that Cheaney have a new monkey boot model coming.
They also have a waxy commander boot, Do you ever get the feeling you’re being watched....?

MayfairJoe

Reaction score

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Bought these Caramel kudu Woodstock shoes and they arrived last week. The toe caps are all bleached looking as well as well as in other areas of the shoe. Is this normal with these shoes or are they some kind of second? I’m not sure if this is just the nature of the kudu leather; I certainly don't recall seeing anyone else's kudu leather trickers looking like this!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1226349

View attachment 1226350

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Bought these Caramel kudu Woodstock shoes and they arrived last week. The toe caps are all bleached looking as well as well as in other areas of the shoe. Is this normal with these shoes or are they some kind of second? I’m not sure if this is just the nature of the kudu leather; I certainly don't recall seeing anyone else's kudu leather trickers looking like this!
They can look a bit like that but yours looks like an exaggerated version of the burnished effect. Did you buy off a retailer or eBay?

Only reason I ask is that apparently Trickers sold some 200 pairs to a discount retailer (no, not that one). People were selling on eBay fairly recently. I don’t know retailer was a discount outlet in Yorkshire area.

MayfairJoe

Reaction score
They can look a bit like that but yours looks like an exaggerated version of the burnished effect. Did you buy off a retailer or eBay?

Only reason I ask is that apparently Trickers sold some 200 pairs to a discount retailer (no, not that one). People were selling on eBay fairly recently. I don’t know retailer was a discount outlet in Yorkshire area.

The priory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads