• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

jayvee

Reaction score
I found these unusual moto boots during a late night trawl. They may be of interest to someone and a reasonable price.

jayvee

Reaction score
It’s a shame about the delivery/import fees or it would be more viable.

Yes, I emailed DR about the coffee Eatons and they came back with a reasonable reply about how they do try to lessen the costs as much as possible for international buyers. But still, everything considered it’s not worth it. It’s nearly MTO money.

Hopefully some EU retailers will step up with some decent collabs.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had a double leather soled Trickers in a few years , strangely , though I always preferred them . Dainite soles are fine but leather is my preference .

Aesthetically it’s more traditional, in my opinion . A throwback to when I was a child and all the working men where I lived would wear their best when going out on Saturday afternoon or evening . My dad included . Polished brogue , toecap boots and shoes all with segs .

The Grassmere , fitting 6 , is a tank and with a commando sole is very hefty on the foot particularly in summer . It’s heavier than the fuller length Hoggs Rannoch .

I have pondered a pair of Malton . Pediwear have them on sale . C shade is a bit bright for my taste , though I have considered darkening ... I’m still undecided . Ttredders have the veldtschoen Selkirk which I know will fit but it’s similar to my Grassmere . I’ll enjoy the hunt for a while , lol

I know what you mean about the double leather, it does look more traditional. I think I find it more comfortable than Dainite also.

My Ilkley shoes (now gone) were seriously heavy too, similar I would imagine.

I quite like C shade, I would imagine it darkens nicely but is initially a bit light. Selkirks and Kelso are a nice boot, I always wonder if they'll be discontinued with all the change at Alfred Sargent.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kudu Woodstock on this terrible Northern day...

Attachments

• 5728E0C0-57AA-4296-AD2F-DA37504EB344.jpeg
    5728E0C0-57AA-4296-AD2F-DA37504EB344.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 143

MSAINT

Reaction score
If there's something sad about those Grasmere it's that the cutters on the factory carefully cuted and chose one perfect quarter and a "naturally damaged" quarter for each boot...

1565947872-kudu.gif

Where it becomes stupid (and sad) is when the stitchers didn't even care about this clever cutting nor spend 3 seconds thinking about it and, of course, stitched the "naturally damaged" quarter on the outside and the "immaculate" quarter on the inside of the boot!
fougnasse_siderale.gif

9ce9c28b8fe829362cde74302693549fb0e7f597.jpg

01857997d49e8c51ccb365dc507ac81db84ed991.gif

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
If there's something sad about those Grasmere it's that the cutters on the factory carefully cuted and chose one perfect quarter and a "natural damaged" quarter for each boot...

1565947872-kudu.gif

Where it becomes stupid (and sad) is when the stitchers didn't even care about this clever cutting nor spend 3 seconds thinking about it and, of course, stitched the "natural damaged" quarter on the outside and the "immaculate" quarter on the inside of the boot!
fougnasse_siderale.gif

Gives them character sir! Lovely boots, superb pictures as always.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I found these unusual moto boots during a late night trawl. They may be of interest to someone and a reasonable price.

I was having some modifications done on some boots and asked if anything unusual was in the pipeline and The Shoe Healer sent me this, Trickers Sheene in haas and scotch grain leather...must be the ultimate version of that boot! In stock now https://shoehealer.co.uk/

I’m not affiliated. Like to support the independents we use.

Attachments

• 83F67390-DB0F-476D-8157-263B828BE26A.jpeg
    83F67390-DB0F-476D-8157-263B828BE26A.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I know but considering everything was there and though through this is plain stupid!
sat%2008.gif
I know what you’re saying because I’ve boots with exactly the same issues (not really issues- third world problems per se..). I love em because not in-spite though. Get em worn sir!

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
If there's something sad about those Grasmere it's that the cutters on the factory carefully cuted and chose one perfect quarter and a "natural damaged" quarter for each boot...

1565947872-kudu.gif

Where it becomes stupid (and sad) is when the stitchers didn't even care about this clever cutting nor spend 3 seconds thinking about it and, of course, stitched the "natural damaged" quarter on the outside and the "immaculate" quarter on the inside of the boot!
fougnasse_siderale.gif

Still, bloody nice boots !

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
I know what you’re saying because I’ve boots with exactly the same issues (not really issues- third world problems per se..). I love em because not in-spite though. Get em worn sir!

Me too , over the years loads. Rarely have I bought a pair of grain finish boots , regardless of manufacturer ( Trickers , Cheaney , Loake , AS ... ) , that have toecaps with matching grain . Cheaney’s Pennine , I have never seen a pair with backstays that are stitched indenticaly . Don’t start on flank placement either , though the Pennines is fine . However , I’ve rarely knocked a pair of boots back . Hand made doesn’t mean perfect , I tend to think along the line of individual ?

Last edited:

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
I think I’ll give a Pediwear a call on those Grassmere . Stows are a bit tight for me on the 4497 fit 5 but my Derby’s boots , same , are fine . Though the stitching placement , quarter to throat , is wider and they don’t have a bellows tongue . Worth a phone call to discuss.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads