• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

TH3515

Reaction score
Still really like this suede boot. It’s quite different to what Trickers offer on their website, in terms of suede colour.

Note that (unless their website description is wrong) the Division Road Kudu stow is built on the 2298 last, not the usual 4497.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t posted in a while , not much has happened on the purchasing front in the last while . Though I think another purchase is due ... I have wide feet though so some major forethought is required . Tried Bourtons on but I’m not really a shoe guy ...

I did move my espresso Stow’s on , just too tight for me . We have a Tricker’s retailer in Belfast again , for the first time in many years . Tried Stows on recently and same result..very tight width wise . I had a couple of pairs around eight to ten years ago and they were definitely a wider fit , or despite losing weight ..my feet have enlarged , lol .

I have sent my beloved Grassmere to Trickers to have the commando sole / heel combo replaced with double leather . Hope to get them back in three weeks ish . Will post when received .

Pics of derby bots this morning
View attachment 1223361 View attachment 1223362

Shame about the Stows, I really liked them.

How come you fancied double leather for the Grassmere?

How about a Malton? Like a Stow but made in a 6 Width.!

jayvee

Reaction score
I like the look of the Malton but I don’t need the extra width really, the 5 fitting is great for me. The question is how wide is the 6? Is it comparable to F versus G? I recently bought some G fit Sanders and I would much prefer them in a F.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Division Road have nailed it with their Trickers collabs imo. In comparison the offerings on the Trickers site are either lacklustre or way off the mark.
Agree. Love the bronze unicorn...

Trickers for their own sites have been lacklustre..

I got the website exclusive cordovan boots but they are aiming at a demographic I’m not sure exists or hasn’t found them yet!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. Love the bronze unicorn...

Trickers for their own sites have been lacklustre..

I got the website exclusive cordovan boots but they are aiming at a demographic I’m not sure exists or hasn’t found them yet!
Anyone have the "bronze unicorns" (elk). I am curious what the leather is like.

ndmiller

Reaction score
I've got a couple boots up on the bay including my too tight Division Road Acorn Antique Commando Stows. Almost 800 pairs of Tricker's on there, about 1/2 a great prices(40% or more off), many new in box. Watching 9 myself including a few other Division Road/Bureau/other exclusives. Boots in Marron Antique, Chocolate (division low leg), Two Tone, Polo Kudu, Brown Zug.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I know I should support my local retailer etc etc, but parking is a PITA where Division Road is located and I don't want to drive anywhere near that area if there's a home game (they're near the baseball and football stadiums). Plus there's 10% sales tax above the prices you see.

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Shame about the Stows, I really liked them.

How come you fancied double leather for the Grassmere?

How about a Malton? Like a Stow but made in a 6 Width.!

I haven’t had a double leather soled Trickers in a few years , strangely , though I always preferred them . Dainite soles are fine but leather is my preference .

Aesthetically it’s more traditional, in my opinion . A throwback to when I was a child and all the working men where I lived would wear their best when going out on Saturday afternoon or evening . My dad included . Polished brogue , toecap boots and shoes all with segs .

The Grassmere , fitting 6 , is a tank and with a commando sole is very hefty on the foot particularly in summer . It’s heavier than the fuller length Hoggs Rannoch .

I have pondered a pair of Malton . Pediwear have them on sale . C shade is a bit bright for my taste , though I have considered darkening ... I’m still undecided . Ttredders have the veldtschoen Selkirk which I know will fit but it’s similar to my Grassmere . I’ll enjoy the hunt for a while , lol

Last edited:

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Is there anyone who owns both the stow and malton that can chime in on the fit?

A fit 6 in my Grassmere , same last as Malton (4497) , is about same length as a fit 5 Stow but wider . Go down a half size . Nicer profile in my opinion that works better with the round toe .

Metrosey

Reaction score
Trickers got a new suede boot on their website, what did they call the colour? Earth. So when someone asks "What colour boot you wearing" you can now reply with "Earth" haha, not sure it's genius or silly

PS - This may just be my brain and I'm the only one who thinks this

Mallaig

Reaction score
Trickers got a new suede boot on their website, what did they call the colour? Earth. So when someone asks "What colour boot you wearing" you can now reply with "Earth" haha, not sure it's genius or silly

PS - This may just be my brain and I'm the only one who thinks this

Moss Green ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads