• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the UK9 in the monkey fits like my Stows in UK9 an Bourtons in UK8.5.

I think you should be fine. They're fit a bit snugger than the Stows/4497 though.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gang - i have a pair of the ca. 2011 tricker’s x inventory winston snuff repello suede chukkas. been never worn closet stash forever. looking to get in rotation, but i’m at max capacity on commando soles already w/ some alden makeups. thinking of the vibram 2060 in brown or black (there’s too much default to sand out there). any CONUS resole recommendations from yank tricker’s fans? long discussed, but factory repair seems high for a voluntary resole only - even w/ advantage of fit-to-last from the source. thanks for any recs.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fwiw re above

7991BB3F-3483-45E7-B454-AE9DE299B135.jpeg

Attachments

• 3722030D-80C5-4F8E-9E3A-4AF4B16C1BB9.jpeg
    3722030D-80C5-4F8E-9E3A-4AF4B16C1BB9.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 122

ndmiller

Reaction score
I recently sent off a pair to the Shoe Healer in the UK from the US. Less than a 2 week turnaround, amazing work. Couldn't find anything in the US like that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
B Nelson in NY is fairly highly regarded.Never used them though. They have their own thread in Classic Menswear..
Personally I'd keep them as is but I like the commando sole on those.

biglmbass

Reaction score
any CONUS resole recommendations from yank tricker’s fans? long discussed, but factory repair seems high for a voluntary resole only - even w/ advantage of fit-to-last from the source. thanks for any recs.

Check out Pekins Shoe Repair. I've seen pics of his work on Viberg resoles and it appears to be top quality.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gang - i have a pair of the ca. 2011 tricker’s x inventory winston snuff repello suede chukkas. been never worn closet stash forever. looking to get in rotation, but i’m at max capacity on commando soles already w/ some alden makeups. thinking of the vibram 2060 in brown or black (there’s too much default to sand out there). any CONUS resole recommendations from yank tricker’s fans? long discussed, but factory repair seems high for a voluntary resole only - even w/ advantage of fit-to-last from the source. thanks for any recs.
+1 on Pekin.

A couple people in the Viberg thread have used him and he’s currently in process with a couple of my shoes one being Trickers.

I’m going to post some photos when I get them.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Pekin.

A couple people in the Viberg thread have used him and he’s currently in process with a couple of my shoes one being Trickers.

I’m going to post some photos when I get them.

thanks all for the swift recs - i’ll start exploring.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just arrived. Threw some shoe trees in, hit with a 1/4 cup of leather lotion (soaked in less than 1 minute), and breaking out the new laces. May wax them later, will see how they buff out first.

48482180901_00cbdd851a_c.jpg

48482180896_fdda53b9ce_c.jpg
The important question...do they fit?

ndmiller

Reaction score
Well the low toe touches the top of my feet and the boot toes were curving up when I got them, so not 100% satisfied yet. Laced up and drying with shoe trees in and I'll report back later today or tomorrow.

They are pretty awesome with the light commando sole, think they are black box calf from my research. They've been resoled, but in great condition, especially for $200.

ndmiller

Reaction score
UGH, they don't fit even with tin socks................but they are so pretty.

Well now I know UK9 in Stows, UK8.5 Bourtons, UK9.5 Monkeys.

jayvee

Reaction score
UGH, they don't fit even with tin socks................but they are so pretty.

Well now I know UK9 in Stows, UK8.5 Bourtons, UK9.5 Monkeys.

Sorry to hear that. If you want to sell them on I may be interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads