• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

TH3515

Reaction score
Suede Woodstocks over crepe.

View attachment 1208473
Me too today, in the lighter, "Peanut" colour. ?
1B653E37-2649-4DE6-B68A-8CAF8C4B01D3.jpeg

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
81 fits similar to 2298.

I should have listened to you, haha! The Fulton Longwings came today, and are sadly very small for my feet. They feel even smaller than the 2298 lasted Roberts and seem to be the smallest UK9 shoes I have ever handled - hell, the Meermin Ruis in 8,5 feel bigger! Especially the toe part is really narrow, and the widest part of the shoe is quite a short distance from the laces...

But hey, it doesn't hurt to try! I am glad that Paypal covers the shipping back to the UK. Next up, Bourtons on the 4444 last. I was very pleasantly surprised that Robinson Shoes had them in size UK9 in caramel kudu, 30% off! So they ended up costing just over 300€, which seems very reasonable. I can't wait for them to arrive!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising! I’m sure i’ll try some cordovan at some point.

I think the colour should age very nicely. I think I read with cordovan that the brown starts to show through a bit with age. I have had a similar thing with some CXL trainers in dark blue and it is showing a bit of brown in areas of wear. I really like the look.

Well, turns out it hasn't taken long for me to try some cordovan and I have to say I'm impressed so far.

They're not Trickers however

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m considering a clear out, lads. My minimalist nature is gnawing away at me. I would like to reduce my collection to shoes that I value the most. Tricker’s would be the biggest victim of the cull, for various reasons. Woodstock would be the only model left.

Makes sense I suppose. What were the other Tricker's models you own?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Well, turns out it hasn't taken long for me to try some cordovan and I have to say I'm impressed so far.

They're not Trickers however
Ok I’ll bite...what cordovan did you pick up? Can’t tease a fella with suggestions!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll bite...what cordovan did you pick up? Can’t tease a fella with suggestions!

Church’s Grafton in #8 shell.

Someone had a pair of Shannon derbies on eBay in #8 shell which I very nearly went for but they sold before I came to a decision.

Then a couple of days later I found these advertised and couldn’t resist.

Have to say they are very impressive shoes and not just because of the shell cordovan.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Church’s Grafton in #8 shell.

Someone had a pair of Shannon derbies on eBay in #8 shell which I very nearly went for but they sold before I came to a decision.

Then a couple of days later I found these advertised and couldn’t resist.

Have to say they are very impressive shoes and not just because of the shell cordovan.
Nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads