• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Maio

Reaction score
Those soles should be comfy too. I have some red wing chukka’s with similar sole and they’re comfier than most trainers.

Also they’re nearly 4 years old and have plenty of wear left. Didn’t expect that

Enjoy!

You're absolutely right, wore them today and they are SO comfy! Was pleasantly surprised :)

FondDeJante

Reaction score
^ Good shout

Am wearing my Sign Kudu Woodstocks today, so comfy out of the box and I love the rich colour.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
^ Good shout

Am wearing my Sign Kudu Woodstocks today, so comfy out of the box and I love the rich colour. View attachment 1205239
The sign on the Woodstock seems
more reserved than on my boots in same leather. Really suits the shoe. Bloody comfy sir, agreed!

Have in caramel too...

Will leave the black as have a Keswick with leather sole and rarely wear due to living in the wettest place imaginable!

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Orbis881

Reaction score
How is the durability of their leather soles? Namely what they use for Stows and Bourtons?

I was planning to get mine with Dainite but had to pick the leather as it's the only ones available at the time of my purchase.

A follow-up question but is Marron close to C-shade? Which in your opinion is more versatile?

Thank you.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
How is the durability of their leather soles? Namely what they use for Stows and Bourtons?

I was planning to get mine with Dainite but had to pick the leather as it's the only ones available at the time of my purchase.

A follow-up question but is Marron close to C-shade? Which in your opinion is more versatile?

Thank you.
Not a massive difference in the colours I don’t think. Both are very much ‘traditional’ Trickers colours.

The leather soles are chunky and wear the same as many other leather soles. Lots of people advocate cover soles or half soles which greatly increases longevity. My Keswick shoes I’ve left alone though and intend on getting a rubber sole when time comes to change rather than spend money beforehand.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thank you.

Marron and C-shade are not close in my opinion. Marron is a chestnut brown with some red tones.
C-shade is more like tan. Like their acorn only darker and duller. I think the marron is more versatile.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Marron and C-shade are not close in my opinion. Marron is a chestnut brown with some red tones.
C-shade is more like tan. Like their acorn only darker and duller. I think the marron is more versatile.
Marron probably a bit darker your correct sir. Both lovely colours though so wear em well.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.
It depends how you walk. If you walk hard on the toe area, the front of the sole can wear down quickly. If you want to keep that part flush with the rest, consider a toe tap. After that, they should be fine. For me, wearing leather soled shoes takes a while to get used to. You really hear and feel the crunch of any rubble under your feet, but once you get past that, they are all good. Once the soles wear out on the ones I have, I, like Crafty, will probably go for a Dainite sole. The Ridgeway sole is also a good option.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have to agree there, Marron is a lovely shade. I do like C Shade but it’s more of a utilitarian, tough leather which gains more character with wear.

TH3515

Reaction score
Matchesfashion sent me these today. As always, super quick and almost obsessively well packed.

EDIT: Just initiated a return due to a stain from some rubberlike substance on the left shoe that turned out to be too visible and also non-removable. Back to shopping for Bourtons, with increased confidence...

IMG_0812.JPG

Ox reversed suede Bourtons in a very dark shade of navy. Note the thin sole – they're made without a midsole. I have avoided this construction which Tricker's is marketing as being more flexible (duh...) and lightweight but which I suspect is just cheaper to make and less durable. At half price I thought I'd give it a try though.
IMG_0813.JPG

Being my first pair on the 4444 last, the Bourtons fit my feet really well. Slightly wider overall than the 4497 but much more comfortable for my toes. Better arch support as well (which I didn't expect).

IMG_0814.JPG

Like them very much. Not sure what to wear them with, though.

Last edited:

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matchesfashion sent me these today. As always, super quick and almost obsessively well packed.

EDIT: Just initiated a return due to a stain from some rubberlike substance on the left shoe that turned out to be too visible and also non-removable. Back to shopping for Bourtons, with increased confidence...

View attachment 1205694

Ox reversed suede Bourtons in a very dark shade of navy. Note the thin sole – they're made without a midsole. I have avoided this construction which Tricker's is marketing as being more flexible (duh...) and lightweight but which I suspect is just cheaper to make and less durable. At half price I thought I'd give it a try though.
View attachment 1205695

Being my first pair on the 4444 last, the Bourtons fit my feet really well. Slightly wider overall than the 4497 but much more comfortable for my toes. Better arch support as well (which I didn't expect).

View attachment 1205696

Like them very much. Not sure what to wear them with, though.
Show us the stain. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads