• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough estimate probably around 75 pairs of Tricker's.
I usually have about 15-20 pairs ready for wear and the others are boxed and in storage room.
I rotate pairs in and out of storage every few weeks.
To my shame I can beat that number.
I thought I had problems justifying my 30 pair of Tricker’s to my wife (plus EG,C&J, Carmina, Enzo Bonafe etc). You both clearly have superior negotiation skills to mine. Well done!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I had problems justifying my 30 pair of Tricker’s to my wife (plus EG,C&J, Carmina, Enzo Bonafe etc). You both clearly have superior negotiation skills to mine. Well done!

I *might* have almost as many pairs of C&J if you include made for Polo, Brooks Bros.
Fewer than that of Aldens.
No EB.
2 Lobbs.
1 EG.
About a dozen Carmina.
3 Cheaney

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I *might* have almost as many pairs of C&J if you include made for Polo, Brooks Bros.
No EB.
2 Lobbs.
1 EG.
About a dozen Carmina.
3 Cheaney
Sweet baby Jesus my Mrs thinks I’m bad!

I’ve probably got ten RM Williams though, love the RMs.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a well deserved bow Zip.
I’ve got:
8 x EG
3 x EB
2 x C&J
1 x JL
5 x Carmina
1 x Church’s
You’re still well and truly winning ;-).
All my shoes and boots are from three English makers.
6 x Tricker’s
4 x Crockett & Jones
4 x Church’s.

IsoE

Reaction score
All my shoes and boots are from three English makers.
6 x Tricker’s
4 x Crockett & Jones
4 x Church’s.
Doing fine through English summer days Mr. James? Don't need soft Italian loafers to liberate and add bit of flair? ;)
Just a bit flair, to go with linen pants and breezy shirts/blazers, come on, it's summer...

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doing fine through English summer days Mr. James? Don't need soft Italian loafers to liberate and add bit of flair? ;)
Just a bit flair, to go with linen pants and breezy shirts/blazers, come on, it's summer...
I have everything I need for the warm weather. Suede shoes, smart trainers, breezy shirts and trousers, etc.. I don’t own any loafers as of now. We’ll see how I am feeling next year.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cipresso cordovan monkeys.

IsoE

Reaction score
I have everything I need for the warm weather. Suede shoes, smart trainers, breezy shirts and trousers, etc.. I don’t own any loafers as of now. We’ll see how I am feeling next year.
oh you will need some brown butter-soft suede loafers for summer, if not tassels, smart up shorts, jeans or whatever.

jayvee

Reaction score
No EB.
2 Lobbs.
1 EG.
About a dozen Carmina.
3 Cheaney

Stay away from EB, once you realise the options available your wallet will take a bashing :-D

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay away from EB, once you realise the options available your wallet will take a bashing :-D
Wallet is thoroughly bashed already here with 2 x Balways in Colour 6 and 4 Cordovan single MTOs! FYI, the wallet is also Cordovan (Colour 8) ;-).

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh you will need some brown butter-soft suede loafers for summer, if not tassels, smart up shorts, jeans or whatever.
Tassels are pretty horrendous. If I did go for a pair, it would be a smart penny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads